𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗

~

*seven months later*

                   The sun shone brightly through the blinds of the bullpen, hailey even had to squint in order to see her partner, or boyfriend, more clearly.  Jay wiggled his eyebrows which gained a smirk and an eye roll from his partner, Hank was obviously eager to start the case as he interrupted the teams quiet time. 

               "Listen up, there has been 8 kidnappings in the past week in this area. The states finally issued a warning telling everyone to keep their kids inside and to escort them to school themselves. We've been assigned to help on the case, so far all we know it's that one lone man is doing this, all on his own" he hung a rather serious looking document onto the chalkboard.  Everyone paused before nodded, "who else is working it?" Adam piped up.  Hank looked over in his direction, "the fbi" he stated blankly.  Everyone shot each other concerned glares, oh no, this must be serious...

Unfortunately, Antonio left the unit last month so his desk sits idle in the corner of the room, but luckily for hank that meant all of the files could be dumped onto it. They have a lot to get through... Hank nodded, "halstead, upton. I want you two checking the victims files, maybe they're connected to this abductor" he tapped the first pile of boxes. Jay and hailey nodded before grabbing the box and retreating back to their conjoined desks. After giving each set of partners a task, hank nodded, "this is a serial abduction, we stop at nothing until we have these girls, and this man is in custody" hank tapped the board. They all nodded slowly, gosh...

~

                    "Look at the time" hailey nudged her boyfriend's arm.  Jay looked up at his computer screen, "2:50? What about it?" He raised his eyebrows, "Dylan... you gotta pick her up. It's not safe remember..." she nodded.  Jay stood up, "shit, yeah thanks. I'll be back in 10" he sighed.  Hailey smiled, "I'm heading out to pick Dylan up, Sarge" jay called into his boss's office.  Hank nodded, "yeah, course" he waved him off.

Dylan was slowly wandering down the school yard, just loitering around since her friends weren't out of class yet, when she saw jays truck pull up outside of the gate, "Dylan! C'mon!" He yelled out of the rolled down window. She furrowed her brows but ran over to the truck and hopped inside, she's 16 now but she feels no older than before. "I thought you couldn't pick me up?" She buckled up. Jay shook his head, "there's an abductor going around in our area, so from now on you're not even leaving the house on your own" he began driving. Her face dropped, "really?" She enquired. Jay nodded, "yeah, so you need to tell me where you need to go and either me or Will can take you. You don't even leave the house to put the trash out, got it?" He nodded. She smiled sadly but nodded in response.

~

                  "Is that true?" Dylan pointed to the TV in the corner of the downstairs break room.  Jay looked over his shoulder, "yeah" he nodded and continued making her a hot drink.  Dylan frowned, "are you guys working the case?" She stood up as he nodded for her to follow.  He nodded and handed her a mug, "yep" he sighed.  She nodded, "sounds difficult" she strolled by his side.  Jay smiled sadly, "it's something like that" he nudged her arm.  She smiled and nodded as the pair began making their way back upstairs.

~

Jay sighed as the team got back from a false bust, it was a complete flop. They still have no idea as to who this kidnapper is and it's driving them insane, nobody's safe to be on the streets alone anymore; especially women... It scares them all to think that it could be any of them. He was about to sit down when he remembered that Dylan was waiting for him, it's currently 10:35pm and he's due to go home soon. But it's a good thing it's a Friday so if she has a late night it doesn't matter too much. Swiftly, he wandered over to the break room and peered his head inside to find Dylan already asleep on the couch. A blanket was draped over her, it didn't take long for a small smile to find its way across his face. His sister always makes him smile, even if she is a pain in the ass sometimes.

                     "Take her home for the day, there's nothing more for us to do here until the fbi sends over their files anyways. Head out everyone" hank slapped jays shoulder lightly, then looked out at the rest of the unit. Jay smiled weakly, "thanks" he nodded as hank walked back into his office. He slowly pushed the break room door open and wandered over to the couch, "hey... wakey wakey" he nudged Dylan's arm. Her eyes screwed together and her hands flew up to her face, "we're going home" he laughed.  She shot up, "I'm awake" she was up on her feet immediately. He smiled and shook his head, "get your stuff let's go" he slapped her arm gently. She laughed and packed her school bag up before meeting her brother in the reception.