After Math (Chapter 8)

Rens pro:

"....I..w....his........eye............bags..look.......horrible..."

"It's..al..as.....bad as mine."

My head was throbbing as my mind sluggishly slang words together.

"At least...I'm authentic.", my throat burned. "I don't need a sharpi(e)...." The last of my sentence was cut off by an agonizing cough. As soon as the cough started my stomach burned. Wheezing I mumbled under my breath. Slowly opening my eyes, I saw La Brava hanging over my face.

"Hey you."

"Hey Brava." I looked around my gaze landing on the figure a couple feet away. My vision was blurry, but I could tell who it was.

"Hey Gentle. Long time no see."

"Not long enough, Deku."

"Oh, come on not that name again." I tried sitting up but drastically failed.

La Brava joined in, "To bad, it's just facts now. You are absolutely useless at taking care of yourself."

Gentile voice rang out, "Not only that but you were able to catch one of the worst fevers I have ever seen."

"How? How long have I been out? What happened? Who......" My head was spinning like I got hit by a truck. More like I was drowning than I got run over by a truck then dropped off a cliff.

"Hold your horses." Gentile could clearly see the pain on my face as I shifted. "You've been out for a couple of days."

He saw the panic fill my eyes.

"Don't worry. Brava hacked into your job's systems and made sure you had work off." His tone changed into a more careful voice. "Now, I have a question for you."

I knew what he was going to ask. He asked me the same question every time.

"Have you tried out those wings yet?" His eyes softened as he motioned to my exposed wings in their full size.

"Are you sure you're a criminal? I'm not convinced yet."

"Don't answer my question with a question." He laughed as Brava hid a smile behind her piggy tale. I chuckled but even that hurt. La Brava got up and grabbed some sort of pill bottle. Opening it she got out five pills.

"You caught a fever from infection. Don't ask how we kept you alive. I have no idea how we did it. Anyway, you broke through it last night."

"How'd you get the crowbar out?"

Both of their faces turned white.

"Ok, Ok. I won't ask. I owe you one."

"One! You owe us twenty!" Brava scoffed at me.

"Fine, creepy adult child", I paused, "actually twenty....one." At this both their eyebrows rose. "I need you to make me a fake ID."

"I already did that" La Brava came up to me holding out the pills.

"I need one with no holes. I don't just need an ID I need you to make me a false background. One where no one would doubt."

"What have you gotten yourself into this time, Deku?" Gentile asked.

Somehow in the time we had begun talking a cup of steaming tea had appeared in his hands.

"I had no choice. I was in my civil clothes when I ran into Eraserhead. Everything was fine, but then I ended up saving a bunch of kids. Now I have a recommendation to UA." I put my hand on my forehead grumbling under my breath.