Hospitals

Words 4082

Hi Guys. This is longer chapter. Hope you enjoy. 

Recovery Girl stood only four feet tall, yet it was enough to look through the glass of a medical refrigerator. In her concentration Chiyo leaned too close, her breath forming on the glass.

With all the commotion happening, she had thought the test results had been incorrect. They were inconsistent and she had gotten three different results. What has been most worrying is that all three of the different blood samples led to the same result. Two times is chance, three is a pattern.

Nezu asked her to find out what she could. He gave Chiyo the Nomus' blood. It would have been an easy test if the blood would be consistent. It didn't, now it set off a new mystery to solve.

Chiyo knew it wasn't her job to figure out the mystery, but it would weigh down on her mind. It just made no sense.

As she thought about it she didn't waste any more time. She sent the information via email to Nezu. He would understand the information on a level she couldn't. Now, having sent the information, she placed all three containers of blood into a styrofoam container. There were things she could not test and that needed a better facility. Chiyo put the address and a letter of reason and handed both off to her assistant.

"Again?" Her assistant asked, "Have you gotten the results of the last sample? It's been a couple of weeks."

Chiyo sighed at her nosy assistant, but she hid it well, her assistant was a hard worker and rarely came up short. "Not yet. I cashed in a favor so it might take longer. The school is paying for those. Thanks for the help."

"No problem. I'll be back as soon as I can." They left.

As much as Chiyo hated the prospect of falling asleep, her body was not listening. It had been a long few days. She had been running around to hospital after hospital.

Yesterday she had healed Eraserhead enough that he was breathing normally. Seeing one of her friends in that state drained her considerably. Enough that she needed to go home and sleep.

Her sleep had been interrupted by the blood samples. Now that she had one of her sick beds in UA in sight she slowly canned her way over. It was a matter of seconds before she was lost to sleep.

Those seconds bled into hours and before Chiyo knew she woke up to the computer receiving an email. The screen blinked at her, she slowly walked over. She had left her phone off her desk and decided to check it first. A couple of messages from different hospitals requesting her. Nezu saying, 'Thank you'. She sighed knowing her email could wait. If she had time she would open it on her phone.

Instead, she went to the cafeteria and got some food. Soon after she was walking into Aizawa's hospital room. He had been beaten to the brink of death. Chiyo had broken her own rule and used her energy to heal him. She paid dearly for it and knew by the week's end she would be sick.

It's why she fell asleep at UA.

Aizawa was awake and laid there in pain.

"Good morning Aizawa." She walked in ready to start healing.

He nodded and gestured a thank you. His broken jaw had been set and was already on the last bit of its healing. His vocal cords received damage during the fight. It was touch and go for a while, but Chiyo would have rather risked being sick for a year before she let a friend go mute. With healing and therapy, Aizawa should be able to talk with no complications.

Chiyo was here to speed up that process. As long as he had the energy she would make sure to drop that time to three months. It would be painful and hard but Aizawa can do it.