A Night Out

The games had ended; it was quite an upturn.

Momo was almost knocked out of bounds by Bakugo. But at that moment, Hitoshi yelled, and Bakugo darkened when he screamed back, the response didn't matter as Hitoshi brainwashed him.

Momo had pulled a risky move. Neither knew she'd laid landmines during the fighting. Pulling a remote from her stomach, she clicked the button.

Everything exploded, sending the three flying.

When the dust settled, the crowd stilled because they were all standing a hairs breath from the boundary.

The explosion broke Hitoshi's control on Bakugo.

Momo collapsed.

Hitoshi and Bakugo stood there, shadows cast over their eyes, making it impossible to see their expressions.

The explosion sent a shock wave into the crowd, causing ears to ring. In that instance, no one heard what Bakugo yelled as they rushed each other, each landing their punch.

The energy left Hitoshis as he fell to the ground, unconscious.

Bakugo stood with victory; blood dripped down his face from his split eye. Standing, body quivering, he raised his fist and screamed. Those who were watching screamed in reply. Bakugo, after all, had just won the infamous UA Sports Festival.

But how much should we care about the Sports Festival?

Izuku had one of the biggest targets on his back, though, at this very moment, he was smiling ear to ear about the freedom he was about to grasp.

But, freedom will always be short-lived when the strong find power in using others.

Life's not worth living if you aren't free. At least, that's how Izuku felt.

The Heroes didn't offer freedom, nor did the villains. Izuku could only have that freedom if he made it himself, and he knew that very well.

~~~

"Recovery Girl informed me Hitoshi won't be back tonight; he is still unconscious. Chiyo will have to heal again when he wakes up."

I was sitting on Eraserheads couch finishing my plan, "That's too bad. He did a good job."

"I'm proud of him don't tell him I said that. His head would get too big."

"Don't worry."

I won't be here to tell him.

Eraserhead walked over. I stood, not wanting to sit. "I am proud of you." He reached, hesitantly pulling me into a hug, "You were incredible."

My heart hurt.

I tried. I tried to keep the tears inside but, failed as I sobbed. He had no idea what I was planning. He wasn't supposed to say that. He's not supposed to care this much.

"Hey, it's okay," he tightened the hug. "I thought about it. I watched your brilliant plans and fighting. This world needs us. Don't you think? It's been a while since we've been out there. It's high time I start trusting you."

This time, my heart broke. If he hadn't said that. Please, he could have said anything else.

"You know. I asked Power Louder to help me with no questions. I paid him off, don't worry." He walked behind the couch. Magically an outfit appeared in his hands. It was black, with metal boots, long sleeves, with fingerless gloves. He turned it around. There were places for my wings. Upon closer inspection, there was a way to cover them as well. "It's waterproof. The chest is bullet and fireproof, but when it comes to acid, it will melt. It's the lightest material out there. Moving in it won't be problematic. There are a lot of other features. I can show you them tonight?"