Three

The next day Katsuki went over to the treehouse even earlier than the day before. His mom however had unfortunately found out where he'd run off to, it happened last night.

He had just gotten into bed and was ready to sleep but before he could get a glimpse of sleep his mom burst into his room, upset. Katsuki immediately knew why but pretended not to know.

So when she kept asking if he'd snuck out he kept denying. The conversation lasted about an hour and after that his mother decided to just drop it. She knew better than anyone that her son wouldn't admit anything.

She still grounded him though, not that it meant anything to Katsuki.

That was clear enough when the blonde decided to sneak out earlier. He just hoped Shoto would show up. He sighed softly and waited patiently inside the treehouse, 2 hours had passed and Shoto still hadn't shown up. It was strange, he should've arrived 30 minutes ago.

Eventually those 2 hours turned to 4 hours, then 6 hours, then night. Katsuki felt sad, maybe even depressed. So many questions ran through his little mind.

'Why didn't he come?' 'Did something happen to him?' 'Is he still my friend?'

Katsuki laid in bed that night praying that his friend showed up tomorrow.

Although he prayed hard enough Shoto still wasn't at the treehouse. Katsuki was worried now, if only he could look for him at home but he didn't know his address. He had no number to contact him through, he had absolutely nothing that could locate his friend.

He felt useless, lonely, and abandoned by the only friend he had. The blonde couldn't help but cry, he rarely did. The last time he cried was when his pet dog had died. He was 6 at the time and witnessed his death firsthand.

Katsuki didn't know what to think anymore, instead he waited. He waited and waited for hours, eventually those hours turned to days, then weeks.

Still, the blonde never failed to wait at the treehouse for the other.

Three weeks had passed and Katsuki was patiently waiting at the treehouse, he hoped Shoto would show up. He'd been hoping that for the last three weeks.

It was afternoon when the blonde decided to get up and leave. He wanted to wait longer but couldn't anymore, he was tired and extremely hungry. Just as he turned to leave he heard footsteps behind him.

He quickly turned around and came face to face with a pair of blue and grey eyes. Katsuki wasted no time and tackled the other to the ground.

"You're an idiot you hear me?!" He yelled. "Why did you leave? What happened?!"

Shoto groaned a little, "Maybe if you let me talk I'll explain it to you. Also, your pressing on my leg with your knee, it hurts."

Katsuki snarled, "Maybe you deserve it, idiot." He said, as he got off allowing Shoto to sit up and catch his breath.

"Talk then."

"I'm sorry I didn't come for a long time, I couldn't." Shoto explained. "My father found out about the treehouse, he knows I've been sneaking out to come here. Because of that he's been bringing me over to his agency, he wants me to learn how to work it, so eventually I can become the owner."

Katsuki always wondered why Shoto looked familiar, now he knew why. "Your father owns an advertising agency right?"

"You just figured that out? You're kind of dense you know that right?" Shoto teased, as a smile made its way to his face.

"Oh shut the hell up! I waited for your dumbass for a long time y'know? Be grateful I didn't forget about you."

"I'm sorry," Shoto answered. "To be honest, I was kind of hoping you never found out about my father. I'm used to everyone treating me differently simply because my father is well known. It always feels fake, but the way you treated me felt real."

Katsuki rolled his eyes. "I've seen him and you before, I just couldn't pinpoint where. But now I know, I've seen you before on t.v."

"Yeah, my father thinks it's time I involve myself in business matters. To be honest, I don't want anything to do with it. My father is a bad person, I don't like him."

The whole afternoon Shoto explained to Katsuki what kind of man his father was, they also caught up with each other and agreed to always tell each other everything.

That meant no lying, although Katsuki had known Shoto for a few days he'd never felt as close to him as now.

There was a closure he never knew he needed, until now.