Ten

"So are you going to tell me why you faked your death or am I going to be left hanging here like a bride on its wedding day?"

"Not to be offensive Katsuki but who would want you as a bride?" Shoto asked, he let out a quiet chuckle as he saw the blonde get annoyed by this.

"No one cause I'm never getting married." Katsuki scoffed. "Now are you going to tell me or what?"

Shoto quietly sighed as he sat down at their old spot, the treehouse. Surprisingly it was still intact, Katsuki had taken very good care of it.

"I didn't die, I survived the crash that killed my parents and siblings." He confessed. "We were on the way to an event, it had to do with my father's work. That's when it hit us, a bus was going at a high speed. He didn't have enough time to brake and my father didn't have enough time to move."

Katsuki listened carefully, he noticed Shoto was having a hard time. Maybe he shouldn't have asked after all.

"I'm assuming you got that burn from the accident too huh?"

"You noticed?"

"I'm not blind y'know? But yes, I noticed something on the day I first saw you again."

"The car lit up in flames, I have multiple burns all over my body." Shoto explained. "Luckily for me, those burns are in places you can't really see."

"Then why fake your death?"

"I was told to, once I was taken to the hospital my father's friend came to see me. Maybe you've heard of them, the Yaoyorozu's. They were really close friends to my family, they made a promise with my father that if something were to ever happen to them they'd bring me in and shelter me. I made a full recovery with them in their home, Mr. Yaoyorozu thought it was best if I remained off social media etc. It was horrible, I fell into a coma you know?"

"I'm sorry Shoto." Katsuki quietly responded, "If I would've known where you were located I would've been by your side."

Shoto smiled. "That's all I really wanted, or was it a need? Whatever it was all I thought about was you. I never once stopped thinking of you."

Katsuki sighed softly and without any thought he leaned forward and ruffled Shoto's messy hair. "I'm just relieved you're alive and not dead. Now that we're together again we're going to do the things we planned as kids."

Shoto arched a brow, "I thought you of all people would forgot about them. Also, I expected you to think it was something childish." He chuckled.

The blonde snarled. "Hell no, I'm keeping those promises I made to my younger self."

"Well then if we're going to be hanging out often now why don't you come over for thanksgiving dinner?"

Katsuki thought about it, he was hesitant. He had already agreed to accompany Eijiro to a thanksgiving dinner with his girlfriend and family. He would hate to miss it and leave them hanging, he didn't want to be rude. But at the same time he wanted to spend more time with Shoto, besides he was sure Eijiro would understand.

"Fine," He answered finally, "But there better be pumpkin pie."

"Seven to be exact." Shoto replied.

Katsuki would've asked why so many but before he could Shoto had gotten up and left. Something about attending an important meeting, so he was left alone with his empty thoughts and racing heart.

He wondered why it was racing.