Seven

"What the hell are you doing in my room you little brat?" Katsuki snarled as he entered his room.

He had gone out to buy groceries at the market only to come back 30 minutes later to find his neighbor's 7 year old kid on his bed.

This kid wasn't a stranger though, Katsuki had babysat him for at least six months. His name was Rin and he lived next door and to sum it up Katsuki thought he could be a pain in the ass.

"I came to visit uncle boom-boom."

And there was that, for some strange reason Rin had taken a huge liking to the blonde, just what he needed.

"Hey, I thought I told you to stop calling me that," Katsuki replied as he sat next to Rin. "I didn't plan on spending my Sunday with a twerp like you."

Rin looked down at the bed, he looked sad. "I can go home if you'd like." He replied sadly.

The blonde let out a sigh. "It's fine, you're here might as well stay. Does your dad know your here?"

Rin nodded.

"He gave me permission." The little boy replied as he looked up at Katsuki. "Hey uncle boom-boom?"

"What is it now?"

"The person in the photo, is he your friend?" Rin asked, as he pointed at the photo with Shoto in it.

"He was," Katsuki replied with a sad look on his face. "Not anymore though."

Rin tilted his head, "Did you two get into an argument?"

"No, he just had to say goodbye."

"It's okay, he'll come back one day." Rin smiled. "When he does you two can play together! I always play with my friends, but they're not as fun as you."

Katsuki couldn't help but smile, "Better not let your friends hear you say that or else they might no longer want to play with you."

Rin shook his head, "Nope! Friends stick together, through thick and thin."

Katsuki looked over at the photo of Shoto, although Rin was right there's always something that can get in the way of a friendship.

In his case, what got in the way of his friendship was death.

Unfortunately, that's something you can't avoid.