I miss you but i cant have you

Bucky was distancing himself from everyone.

He had pushed away Sam and he and Steve still weren't speaking.

He hadn't felt more alone then he had now.

Sam wasn't doing any better.

He hated not being friends with Bucky, not being able to talk to him but also not knowing why.

It was like a part of his soul was ripped away from him. He missed their laughs and time together, even though it was short.

Because in that time, he started to fall for this broken ex-assassin.

Steve wasn't sure what to do. He realised what he said was really out of line, but didn't know how to apologise.

Bucky hadn't come out of his room for two days.

He hadn't slept, he hadn't eaten and he hadn't drunk.

Sam hadn't slept at all. It felt weird not having Bucky lying next to him. It just felt wrong.

He was eating the bare minimum. He just felt so awful to do anything.

He just missed him.

But he knew he needed time for himself. But maybe that would make it worse. Bucky wasn't the type of person who is best by themselves. He's the type of person to say it, but desperately needs someone by his side. So maybe Bucky needed Sam. Sam knew that Bucky didn't want him but it wasn't about what he wanted. It was what he needed.

Sam wasn't going to do anything right now, he wasn't prepared for that. He wasn't prepared to see Bucky because he didn't want to think about the way Bucky pushed him away.

Did Sam do something to him? What did he do wrong?

Sam was spiralling at thoughts of why this happened. Why he couldn't talk to his friend anymore.

Things between him and Steve were weird which made everything so much worse.

Sam was sat on his bed, curled up in a ball, crying into his hands.

Bucky sat leaning against the wall, crying into his hands.

***

Everyone had no idea what happened between them but they hadn't seen very much of either of them for two days, and had started to get worried.

"We need to do something." Wanda spoke up.
"I agree." Vision said nodding his head slightly.

Steve got up and walked out of the room. He felt so guilty. He thought he was the cause of what happened.

Natasha stood up to go after him, but Tony interjected.

"Let me." Natasha nodded and Tony chased after him.

Steve was sat on a bench outside. Tony quietly sat down beside him.

"It's not your fault."
"It is, Tony. I was so horrible to Bucky. I have been for a while."
"Ok, so maybe you haven't been the worlds best friend lately but I don't think that's the reason for their sudden decision to hide in their rooms."
Steve just looked at the ground.

"Steve you've got to talk to them. Both. You owe them apologies. Maybe they do too. That's something you need to sort out with them."

"Thank you Tony. For just being here for me."
"Well, someone's got to do it and I guess it was my turn." Steve chuckled at him.

Steve decided to talk to them, but later.

He scooted closer to Tony. Tony looked up in shock, Steve chuckling at his very rare shocked face. He eventually relaxed.