Love is in the air

Bucky's eyes fluttered open, as the sun rays glowed on his face. He rolled over to see Sam sleeping with Alpine resting her head in his back. He stared in absolute awe. He couldn't believe that this was his life. Sam was finally his, after ages of wallowing in self pity that Sam would never feel the same but he actually did.

A bright smile filled his face as he thought about Sam. He didn't have to pretend with Sam. He didn't have to act. Sam gave him energy, Sam gave him life. His life felt so bright with Sam here with him and he couldn't wish for anything more. Well maybe for Steve to stop being so petty but apart from that, he was happy.

Sam woke up to see Bucky stroking Alpines little head. He felt his heart light up and he finally realised that he could simply kiss Bucky if he could. And he did.

He leaned over and gave Bucky a surprise soft kiss on the lips, causing Bucky to absolutely melt and for Sam to almost burst of how giddy he felt.

"I'm so glad I can do that now." Sam whispered to him.

"Me too."
"Also, what are we gonna do once this week is up? Because I won't have an excuse to be in your bed."
"I didn't even think about that." Sam threw his head back and rolled his eyes. They were both sure they weren't ready to tell anyone as they wanted to get used to it themselves. They both hadn't had the best experiences with relationships.

Bucky smiled as he had an idea pop into his head.
"Samuel Wilson, will you care to go on a date with me?"
"Oh my, off course I would." They laughed at each other and talked about details for their coming date. They weren't the only ones planning a secret date.

*on the phone*
"So, wanna go somewhere tonight?"
"Off course Nat. I haven't seen you in too long, Nick has been keeping me for ages. I honestly think it's because he knows and wants to annoy us." Natasha snickered.
"I wouldn't be surprised. Well I'll see you later. You better be wearing something good Maria." She hung up the phone and walked back to her room, smiling.

Thor was stood outside Bruce's room, very nervously. He had his hand up ready to knock. Then Bruce opened the door.

"Oh, uh hey Thor. Did you want something?"
"No- I mean yes! Umm- I was wondering if you wanted to go and dine somewhere."
Bruce eyes almost fell out of his head.
"A-are you asking me out on a date?"
"Uhh.. we'll if you say yes, then yes. If you so n, then I'm not."
"Well then you are asking me out. I'll see you there." Bruce awkwardly walked past Thor, feeling very happy with himself.

"Wanda, I have a feeling that we will have the house to ourselves. Do you care to have a nice cosy night in?" Vision asked.
"Off course dear!"

(a/n btw Clint and Pietro are similar ages in this)

Pietro sped up to Clint eating breakfast.
"What ya want?" Clint asked, a mouthful of food.
"Wanna go on a date?"
Clint almost chocked on his cereal.
"What, you didn't see that coming?"
Clint blinked at him. "You know what, sure."
He tried to act casual about it but was secretly freaking out on the inside.

"Hey Cap?"
"Wanna go on a date?"
"I don't know."
"What do you mean?"
"I don't deserve you."
"Oh my god Rogers, ok you aren't the best person, because that's clearly me, but have you see you." Steve couldn't hold in his giggle.
"Ok, fine."

So, all the Avengers were feeling the love today.
But they were all keeping it a secret from each other.

All the avengers got ready and made up the worst excuses for where they were going but were too busy worrying about themselves to care about anything else.

Sam and Bucky asked Wanda and Vision to look after Alpine.

They got into Sam's car, and played some music.
"Thank you." Bucky said, getting a little shy.
"For what?"
"Saving me. You saved me and my miserable life."
"You saved me too, Jamie. I didn't realise how much I needed someone until you came into my life... or my bedroom. Wait no that's sound wrong!"
Bucky burst out laughing causing Sam to giggle too.
"Well I think it's safe to say, we both needed each other." Sam nodded in agreement.

They pulled up to the restaurant and sat down and ordered drinks.

"I think I should tell you something because you have opened up to me about your past relationships."
"You don't have to if you don't want to."
"It's fine I want to." Sam sighed preparing himself.
"Well I haven't really dated many people, and most of the time it never meant anything. There was someone. His name was Riley. We met when I was in the army. We both had wings and we were on a mission and he um- he got shot down and I was quick enough to help him." Sam blinked away his tears as Bucky held his hand discreetly.
"Sam that wasn't your fault. I promise you. Please don't blame yourself. And thank you for telling me."
"I know, I just feel the guilt sometimes." Bucky nodded.

"Well let's forget about that and just appreciate that we are here together." Bucky smiled up at him.
"God I wish one of us had done something quicker." Sam said snickering.
"I know I-" Bucky whipped his head around as he recognised a voice.

Steve.

Steve and Tony spotted them too and both pairs stared at each other. Not saying or doing anything.

So much was going thought their minds right now.

"Sam...Bucky wh-"
Steve was in so much shock.
Sam pontes at them. And blinked slowly at them.

"Isn't this awkward." Tony said earning a punch from Steve in his arm.

"Steve are you on a date with Tony?" Bucky finally spoke up.
"Yeah..."
"And you two?" Tony asked.
"Well I guess there's no denying it." Sam joked painfully.

"Right we'll we are gonna go on our date so have fun." Tony said and dragged Steve away.

"Oh my god." Bucky said his mouth slightly open.
"I thought they didn't like each other. At all." Sam said staring at Bucky.
"Same. I don't even know anymore. And I don't care what he does."
"Do you think you will ever want to be friends with him again?"
Bucky shrugged his shoulders.
" I don't know, maybe. Right now, I don't care. I don't need him."
"Fair enough."

They all got back at roughly the same time (Natasha never turned up till morning) all slightly drunk, some more than others.

Sam and Bucky walked into their rooms and changed.
"Thanks for tonight." Sam said
"Your welcome." Bucky pressed a strong kiss on Sam's lips and they both fell into bed.

"I love you Sammy." They name slipping out.
Sam grabbed Bucky's face "I love you too Jamie."

They both feel asleep, feeling the happiness wash over them.

Wanda was sleeping, when she reached over and realised Vision wasn't there. She looked up to see Vision floating in the air, held up by a long spear poking through his body

A/n
I'm back! I really had no idea what to write about for a while so I had to wait for something to come to mind.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter and you are enjoying this story.

Have a wonderful day, or night.

Thanks for reading. 💖

~classynatt