ice ; sungchan

first time writing angst lmao<\3

you loved skating with a burning passion, you learned to skate at the young age of 5 as your mom was a former professional nationalist figure skater. so she wanted you to learn skating as soon as you can walk properly.

being an amazing skater with natural talent, you quickly became amazing at it. enrolling into an amazing prestigous school who specializes into shaping you into the person who you want to be.

and with that, you met jung sungchan, the jung sungchan. hockey player. awkward with a pretty shy smile. tall. everything a teenage dreamboat should be.

you met through the school's large ice rink, as figure skaters and hockey players sometimes skate together. and him being the teenage dreamy dreamboat he is, you naturally grow an attraction to him.

but to him, he also grows an attraction towards your elegance and ethereal grace on ice. he wanted someone calm to ground him, as they say, opposites attract. and as cliché as it is, the jock falls in love with the quiet kid.

dating sungchan was a dream. he took you to places where he and his friends would go to for a celebration, a secret spot in the city, a cute café where his mother took him once, and you couldn't forget when he barked at you like a puppy.

then, the school competitions happened, you got in as a figure skater and sungchan, a hockey player.
training together was one of the most fun things you could do together. that way, you could improve in figure skating and hang out with your number one cheerleader and idol at the same time.

around these times, you've also gotten close to some players in sungchan's team. especially yangyang and donghyuck

you were the one who tried to be close to yangyang because you thought he was cool, he thought you were too.

donghyuck was the one who wanted to be close with you because apparently he wanted to be friends with everyone incase he gets cancelled  then he would have us as backup.

right at the regional level competitions, you were really nervous, because right after regional competition level, it's national. you really wanted to reach national, and so did sungchan.

but your hopes and dreams were crushed as the results came in, and you came in second. beaten by the skating prodigy, park sunghoon himself.
you were devastated, but happy, as sungchan and his team won, and is advancing to national level competition.

but during the week of the national level competitions, you had lost contact with sungchan.
your chat was now filled with only you wishing, and praying for him to win this competition and advance to international level.

but turns out, they didn't win.
and then, after the competitions, you and sungchan are back at school. but something's off, he's awkward with you, like he became distant with just a week apart.

you spent a few nights awake thinking of what could've happened in the week where both of you had no interactions towards each other.

but days turned to weeks, and weeks turned to months. and now, both of you acted like strangers, like nothing ever happened between the two of you.