Chapter 14

"There's no school today because of a Rainwing holiday." Dragon Fruit explains to their friends.

"Oh.. that makes sense." Tablet says as he nods his head before pausing. Confusion written on his face, "Wait how come Chameleon, Shadowhunter, and Dragon Fruit celebrating it?" He asks quickly after as he tilts his head.

Shadowhunter begins to open his mouth to answer, but Chameleon answers before he can.

Chameleon glares at him,"Maybe because I wasn't raised by Rainwings." Chameleon snaps causing Tablet to flinch.

Shadowhunter rests his talon on Chameleon's shoulder, "Chameleon, I know it upsets you, but he doesn't know." He says calmly. The anger in Chameleon's yellow eyes goes away as Shadowhunter talks and he takes a big breath in, cooling down a bit.

"I'm sorry, Chameleon. I'm so very sorry. I'll do anything to make it up to you. I'm sorry." Tablet says apologetically.

"Yeesh! Just stop saying sorry that's how you'll make it up to me! Just make it stop!" Chameleon says trying not to sound like he's begging.

"Oh ok I'm sorry for saying sorry so much. Oops.. I'm sorry, oh... I'm sor-

"Shush, just shut your mouth Tablet. It'll make it easier for every dragon here." Truthfinder says calmly, Tablet responds by promptly shutting his mouth.

"Well me and Truthy were planning on going to the library on a day with no school without you three, so goodbye." Dragon Fruit says simply before promptly leaving

"What did I say about calling me Truthy?" Truthfinder asks slightly annoyed as she follows Dragon Fruit.

"Well I wanted to paint after I heard about there being no school, so bye." Tablet says as he quickly leaves.

"Bye you three!" Shadowhunter yells to them as they leave while waving.

"Well look at that, it looks like fate has left you two alone again." Spirit says smugly behind him.

"We're not alone Spirit, you're here with us." Chameleon points out, annoyed.

"Well Shadowhunter can't see me and you're very good at ignoring me. So, I might as well not be here." Spirit huffs causing Chameleon to groan and roll his eyes.

"What did Spirit do this time to get you annoyed?" Shadowhunter asks curiously.

"Being himself, that's what he's doing." Chameleon responds. Annoyance tinting his voice

"Ok that makes sense...enough, what do you want to do now?" Shadowhunter asks.

"Well, I don't know about you but I'm hungry." Chameleon says rubbing one of his talons behind his ear as he's slightly embarrassed.

"Um... yeah I can eat!" Shadowhunter responds

"Ok, I guess you want to go to the eating hall." Chameleon says as he attempts to hide his distain for going there.

"I don't want to go to the dining hall, I could really go for some fresh air, so maybe we can hunt outside." Shadowhunter says, knowing that Chameleon isn't the biggest fan of socializing at times.

"Oh yeah I'd love to go outside!" Chameleon says excitedly before quickly getting embarrassed with his reaction, "I mean that sounds good."

Shadowhunter laughs at that reaction, and then they go outside.

End of chapter 14. Hope you've enjoyed reading so far!