[Chapter 18]

The lovely night in the couple was having got interrupted by the ringing of Silas' phone. Who's calling at this late hour? Both of them thought before he grabbed the device and answered the call after looking at the caller ID briefly. "Hey" He shot out to the listener on the other side. Tatiana prepared herself to get up and leave, wanting to grant him some privacy when his hand locked her in her place. She looked at him questioningly before he hummed over the line and mouthed out 'Mom' to her. Her eyes widened in realization then nodded, she'd never seen any of the Blacks after the wedding. She brought her fingers to play with his hair dandily, running them through the dark locks that shined against the television light.

"Yeah, me too. Sure, I'll ask her and then get back to you. Love you too, bye" Silas shot out throughout the conversation with his mother before hanging up. "My mother just invited us to dinner at their house in three days" Silas breaks the silence, causing Tatiana to widen her eyes like saucers. Dinner...with her family in law...at their house...after all that's happened. She didn't know what to say; she was downright speechless. Except one question kept circling in her mind. Waiting eagerly to be spoken out. She was afraid to admit her fears aloud. "She already told me that it's just us, he's not invited" Silas answered her unasked question. He could sense from the look in her eyes, plus the way she's bouncing in anxiety what went through her mind when she heard his words.

"Alas, we don't have to go if you don't feel like it. I can always come up with something" He strategized and she was washed with relief at the revelation that he'd do that for her. Nonetheless, the idea if having dinner over at her in-laws had her nervous, who wouldn't be? Besides, this man has done everything in his power to make her feel loved and cared for, she couldn't just throw that away and not go. She needs to be there for him, even if it meant pressuring herself to get out of her comfort zone. She knew she needed to do this. "No need, we'll go" She offered and he halted in his place "Are you sure? You know you don't have to do this, baby" He asked again and she grabbed his arm squeezing lovingly "I want to" She said before kissing his jaw repeatedly, making a wide smile spread on his face.

He pinned her down on the couch, hovering above her, tickling her sides while she giggled nonstop. She thrashed away from his tickling fingers, but he was bigger and stronger. She was helplessly helpless. They went on until she couldn't catch her breath "Si, oh my god, s-stop" She begged out laughing and he ceased his action. Suddenly, the atmosphere shifted from light and funny into something heavier when they both realized the position they're in. With their lips only a few centimeters away from touching. He tried to move away, to get up from her but she snaked her arms around him and brought him down, closer to her body. "Don't" She whispered, "Don't go" She offered in a little nervous voice as her breath mingled with his due to the proximity. "I'm not going" He stated before letting one of his hands up from the sofa, and to tenderly caress her reddened cheek. She kept eye contact with him, despite the overwhelming feeling erupting at her stomach. She couldn't look away. Her eyes flitted to his lips and so did his, shifting between eyes and lips back and forth. An unasked question hung limply in the air.

Should he kiss her? Did she want him to? What was she doing staring at his lips? He thought. Were her thoughts that inconspicuous? What if she didn't like the kiss? What if she told him to stop at one point and he didn't want to comply? No, he wouldn't do that. He'd always put her first. Her before him, always. Her heart melted at the thought alone. "I want you to kiss me" She confesses after a long minute of silence. He knitted his eyebrows "What?" He asks, afraid his ears were playing tricks on him. "I. Want. You. To. Kiss. Me" She repeated slowly for him to process and he whispered against her lips "Are you sure?" He asked, "Yes" She replied clearly.

She might've thought he would be too eager and devour her lips in matters of mere seconds, what she didn't expect was a slow gentle kiss that ignited fire at the pit of her stomach. His lips were extremely soft, sliding smoothly with hers. He wasn't suffocating her. He wasn't cutting the oxygen off of her. He kept it gentle and sweet, letting her take the lead in what she felt comfortable. She grabbed his face with both her hands, her fingers lacing through his hair at the nape of his neck; pulling and tugging. He brought a hand to her waist "Is this ok?" He looked her in the eyes, wanting to make sure she wanted him to touch her like that. She broke the kiss answering "Yeah" before resuming in crashing their lips together again, just as tender and passionate as the one before. They went on for some time, kissing and making out until they both sported swollen red lips. They decided it was enough for one day and that they should get some sleep.

They walked silently through the corridor to their rooms, once they reached the familiar door of hers, she stood there like a statue, not wanting to go there, alone. She pursed her lips looking down at her sweatpants, detesting their current sleeping arrangements with the separate bedrooms and all. But, he was being thoughtful and respectful, she shouldn't take it for granted, no matter how despicable the idea sounded to her now. In addition, she was clearly too shy to suggest otherwise. She can't approach him and ask if he downright wanted to share a room with her. She just couldn't take that risky step.

"Where're you going?" He asked in a little hurtful voice, lips pouty. "Umm, to my room" She threw her thumb back signaling for it. "Oh, ok" He picked up his crestfallen face in a simple nod and smile and just when he stepped away, to continue further into his own room she halted him "W-wait" She called out to him. His ears perked up "mhm?" He asked humming. "Can I sleep with you?" All common sense left her body as she uttered the words looking up at him from her lashes. She didn't want to go to sleep alone, without him. He felt warm and comfortable and fought the nightmares away. She'd get so much better sleep when next to him. "Not like that, I-I meant.." She interrupted herself, thinking her previous sentence might've been suggestive in a way. He smiled "I know what you meant. Come on" He took her hand in his and they sauntered over to his room together.