[Chapter 24]

In the early morning, Tatiana woke up again to an unsettled stomach, darting to the bathroom as fast as she could for the second time in a row. Feeling as restless as ever. She was mentally exhausted already from all these symptoms; and it was only the first semester in her pregnancy. Silas, the loving caring husband he undoubtedly is, followed her right through, refusing to leave her alone. Knowing she was too fragile and drained to push through it alone. He wanted to be there every step of the way, supporting her in whatever he could. As she finally puked, her stomach entirely empty but still burning from the acidic feeling. She leaned back and screwed her eyes shut for a moment, taking a long calming breath.

Silas scooted closer, pulling her on his lap "you're doing amazing, baby" He reminded gently as he stroked her pale cheeks. She needed that affirmation badly, for otherwise she'd drive herself insane from thinking too much of how bad the situation is, or how bad she's adjusting to it. Her questioning eyes told him all he needed to know; she was experiencing motherhood for the first time. Overwhelmed by heavy loads of emotion, high on plethora of hormones. She was all over the place and he knew he had to recenter her. "Look at me. You've been nothing short of fantastic handling this. I know it's hard, and I feel for you and I want to tell you I appreciate you a lot" He said with a serious expression coating his face, conveying his heartfelt message to her. She looked up at him with doe eyes "Really?" She second guesses and he pulls her even closer, planting his hands around her waist "Yes. I love you, always remember that" He spoke then leaned in to kiss her. She dodged his attempt "Morning breath mixed with puke, you wouldn't want to kiss that" She stated embarrassedly, focusing her gaze to the sink behind him to evade his gaze.

He tugs her chin between his dainty fingers to gain her attention, she glances over and he speaks "Oh, I would. Besides, I don't care" Then, he crashed his lips to hers, the mentioned smells above casted away once his lips meet her soft contorts. She kisses him back eagerly, legs wrapping around his waist unintentionally, she didn't seem to care. She tugged his shirt forward wanting to eliminate any small space left between their aching bodies, firmly placing her hands on his chest. He grew hotter and hotter the more they spent time like this. It was her effect. All her. She claimed his lips and mind and soul and everything in between, having him completely bewitched by her essence. They made out for a while before they stopped. Tati then moved to unwrap her legs from his waist but he held her thighs in place, refusing to let her go. "Come on, let's go have breakfast" He suggests after they freshen up and she nods, holding onto his wide shoulders while he gets up. He keeps the tight hold on her "You know, in a few months you wouldn't be able to hold me like this. I'll be stuffed and big" She thought out melancholically. He smiled at her "I'll find a way" He assured and kissed her hair.

They reached the kitchen, he settled her on the counter and began working; opening the fridge to get stuff out, rummaging the cabinets for particular utensils and began chopping vegetables on the cutting board next to her. She looked at him intently, almost dreamily. He felt the heat of her gaze on him and smiled knowingly "What?" He muttered. She crossed her legs on the counter and moved closer to him "Nothing, I just like to watch you work" She says while moving closer and closer, until her thigh is clad to the wooden board. "You're distracting me" He huffed out bemused, she fake gasped "But I'm not doing anything!" She screams jokingly and he sets the knife aside -somewhere remote so it wouldn't pierce them- and grabbed her thigh with his hand, kneading the skin and successfully pulling her to the edge of the counter "Oh, but you are" He says and keeps kneading the smooth skin gently. Butterflies simmer in her chest at the touch and she finds herself leaning in.

They share a sensual kiss, pouring out all their feelings and trepidation into it. She grabs his face desperately, strengthening their kiss and he slides his hands under her sweater. His fingers came across her warm skin, he pulls back "Is this ok?" She loved how he always asks for consent when he thinks they might have been too carried away; he'd never do anything she wasn't fine with. She loved it, but right now loved his gentle touch on her burning skin more. "Mhmm" She moans into his mouth, his hands seem hesitant -limply hung in the air- to get back on, so she pulls away and grabs them in hers. She places them on her sides, dragging them alarmingly high. His hands stumble upon her supple chest and his eyes cloud in question.

"Before you say anything else, shut up and kiss me. I want you to, and if I'm ever uncomfortable I'll tell you" She orders confidently and that was his sign to do as told. They went on, kissing, groping, moaning, grunting. You name it, and the kitchen has witnessed it this one fine morning. They were both too engrossed in each other to care about the discarded food, nonetheless afterwards, Silas heavily insisted on resuming breakfast instead of skipping it since they both had nothing to eat, plus she needed all the nutrients and proteins for her and the baby. They sat at the table seat, with her in his lap. He had his chin resting on her shoulder, while one hand was feeding them both, taking turns in savoring bites, and the other was rubbing circles on her stomach. In summary, this gleamy dreary morning turned a whole lot happier afterward.