[Chapter 20]

Tatiana froze up over seeing him for the first time since it's happened. She had nightmares filling her sleep of this moment, non quite as petrifying as him standing in front of her with the flesh. She looked up at him, her head spinning already from this long never ending night. She saw him smirk at her. "Look what we have here" Says an amused Ace. He didn't expect to see her here, alas he's going to enjoy it. She's an opportunity walking on legs. He stepped a few steps closer, cornering her to the door of the bathroom. He could see the panic in her eyes, as much as he could sense the horror in her picked-up labored pace of breathing. She didn't know what to do in this situation. Surely, she's had imagined a variant of reactions in her mind, but nothing compared to when it's standing right in front of you, making you feel helpless all over again.

She tried to move past him, to act like nothing's wrong; like she's moved on from the trauma he'd caused her. She chose to ignore the constant nagging and to simply walk away, back to her husband and her in-laws. He couldn't permit that. He grabbed her elbow forcefully, causing chills to run up her arm. She whimpered and a shrill of a scream left her lips. "Leave me" She told him bitterly. He refused to let go, only tightening his grab on her, causing her to hiss. "No. We have so much to talk about" He spat at her, and she grimaced "We have nothing to talk about, I don't have anything to say to you!" She told him defiantly, maybe he'd understand that she wanted nothing to do with him. She just wanted to be left alone. Far, far away from his clawing hands. The hot tears gathered slowly at her eyes. She could feel his malice. "Oh, but I have lots of things I want to convey to you" He said with a wicked smile, making her remember that night all over again. The night she fought hard to forget. 

"I-I don't want to talk to you, let me go!" She started thrashing in his tight grip, his hand moved to her mouth to muffle her shouts and cries. She was hyperventilating at this point, being manhandled by him again. Tears spilled out like a flood. She regretted the moment she set foot in this place. His rough hands on her body made it all feel like that time. She feared this would be her fate written for the second time; like ironically once wasn't enough. She thrashed her hardest, fighting him away, while he tightened his hold on her, causing her to choke. A helpless cry left her lips before she saw a figure scurrying their way and hearing a loud smack, the sound of Silas' punch meeting Ace's face, then falling unconscious to the floor.

Silas whom had been seated in the dining room with his parents, was preoccupied with his wife. What was taking her so long? Was she ok? Did she feel nervous and needed a couple of minutes to cool out? He wondered as his mind ticked away, faking interest in whatever meaningless topic his parents conversed in, he was too concerned and anxious to pay attention, only nodding in return to feign interest. Seconds turned to minutes, which turned eventually to a while. She's been in the bathroom for a while. She should've been back by now. He felt something brewing in his gut, informing him of something wrong. He needed to check on her, now.

He got up abruptly from his seat, taking both parents by surprise before he excused himself. He started walking with calculated steps, determined to reach his wife. He was walking towards the bathroom where he noticed a manly figure. The square shoulders and dirty blonde hair did a sufficient job in telling him whom it was, his own blood and flesh. He felt so many overwhelming feelings at the same time. He was panicked for her, fuming at him, and furious at fate for orchestrating this doomed altercation. He wanted to punch something, no, someone. He knew exactly whom that someone is; they grew up together after all. He hurried there, seeing the fighting figure of his wife, in the arms of his younger brother. He despised him vehemently. He saw her clear struggle, trying to free herself from his goblin grip, all in futile results. He made it there in time to punch Ace away from Tati, just then her figure fell to the floor in unconsciousness.

A shrill scream left his mouth "Tati, baby, no. Wake up, please wake up" He fell by her to the floor, cradling her head in his chest. She didn't move. He weeped uncontrollably, eyes getting red and puffy with tears. His hands grabbed her face, slapping lightly to wake her up but she never did. He felt helpless before calling a doctor and picking her up in his arms. She hung from there lifelessly, although her hit wasn't that strong and she was still breathing, he worried immensely.

He muttered his address to the doctor and went out of the house, with her in his arms in a haste. He strapped her in the car, making his way to the driver's side and started the car hurriedly. He started driving to their house, not caring for the speed limit or the weather condition. All that mattered was that she was going to be ok.

The agonizing drive finally came to an end. He stepped out of the vehicle, picking her up and entering home hurriedly. He laid her there on his bed, and a few moments later came the doctor in order to do the necessary checkup. He hoped -prayed- that it was nothing serious, that she'd get better and wake up soon. He paced the hallway back and forth in frustration, while the doctor did her job. He felt like it was taking way longer than it should, but he would be patient if it meant she'd open her eyes healthy and safe.

A few moments later, the doctor went out with a small professional smile on her face. She assured him of her condition and spat out words that left him staggering. He was shocked and gulped in realization before thanking her and letting her out.