ᵛⁱⁱ: 𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕰𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙

❀ - - -

Lisa timidly thanked the so-called Ten, saying, "T-thank you for bringing me here in the c-clinic and for saving me from earlier. Even so, she made every effort not to stutter.

There are only the two of them inside the clinic at the moment. No one else is present. The complete absence of any patients, guards, or nurses inside is a little strange. But at least there are discreet security cameras all around that keep a close eye on them.

Ten said, sitting on the bed next to the one where Lisa was, "You don't have to thank me." He scratched his neck and turned to face the girl, "I just did what others will do in that situation."

Lisa looked down at her hands that were on her lap, feeling awkward to look at Ten. "Don't say that. For sure other people won't do the same thing you did. They would probably just ignore me."

"You think so?" She continued to look down as Ten asked, nodding in response.

She looked at him when she heard him chuckle a short while later. She didn't anticipate, however, to meet his gaze and see his stunning smile. Lisa heart skips a beat as everything appears to happen in slow motion.

After hearing him say, "Hey, you're blushing," Lisa regained her composure and covered her reddened cheeks. "I'm not blushing—just it's heat from the sun." She explained, still embarrassed.

"You're cute when blushing so no need to deny it." Ten complimented out of nowhere and he reached out to lightly mess her blonde hair as Lisa's heart began to race and she was too surprised to respond.

He then added, "You're certainly different from One," and realization hit Lisa after that sentence. She had completely forgotten about pretending to be One. She's now frozen, unsure what to say next.

She had successfully avoided the question about One back on the rooftop but now he's suspecting her yet again.

"Oh, I almost forgot about your wound. Just wait there for a sec." Ten got out of bed and walked over to a shelf while Lisa just stayed in place, deep in thought.

She's deliberating whether to tell him the truth at this point or to continue acting foolishly. Ten had returned to the bed with a medical kit in his hand, but Lisa was too preoccupied with her thoughts that she failed to notice him.

Lisa turned her head back to Ten as he asked, "Would you mind me mending your wound?" She shook her head and said, "N-no... I don't mind at all."

Before opening the medical kit that has been placed on his lap, Ten simply smiled. He then took a cotton ball and applied ointment to it. "Tell me if it hurts," he said as he gently pressed the cotton against her wound.

Lisa did not utter a sound as she watched him tenderly treat her wound while being completely pain-free. Well, it's not even that deep; it's just a tiny cut from Jungkook's clutch.

After several seconds, silence engulfed them once more. Lisa is at a loss for conversational subjects. But isn't it absurd that she allowed a complete stranger—someone she had just met—to treat her wound?

"Aren't you curious?" Ten suddenly asked, still applying ointment. "Curious about what?" Lisa asked back, tilting her head slightly.

"As to why I know that you're not One?"

That caused Lisa to gag. This guy... The guy in front of her appears to be knowledgeable about things she isn't even aware of. Yet how? Who really is he?

Ten looked at her with worried eyes, "Hey sorry, I didn't mean to scare you with that question." He then gave her a reassuring smile, "Your secret is safe with me. Just forget about it, okay?"

"W-who are you really?" Lisa bravely asked him after a minute of silence.

Ten chuckled softly, "I'm the one who should have asked you that, but since you asked first, let me introduce myself," he said as he tossed the bloodstained cotton into the trash can near the wall, just between the beds they were occupying.

"Hi, nice to meet ya, I'm Oh Sehun, but you can just call me Ten," he says with a smirk as he leans slightly in the direction of the naive girl seated across the other bed.

A loud ringing sound that lasted for a few seconds reached their ears before Lisa could even say anything. "Geez, that's the school bell. We have to go," Ten, who had introduced himself as Sehun, said as he stood up and placed the med kit back on the shelf.

"Hey, blondie, let's go; I'll walk you back to your classroom, or do you want to stay here for a while?"

"I'll just stay here and t-take a rest..." she replied, too embarrassed to return to class, and he'll probably be there, so she'd be better off avoiding him.

"Then I'll stay and accompany you, because someone will surely get mad at me if I don't keep you safe, and I don't want you to get into trouble with that jerk again." Lisa's eyes widened a little as she realized he cared so much for her.

Lisa smiled slightly and said, "I'm not alone here, okay? I have my cute friends here, watching over me." She then happily waved at the security camera, causing Sehun to look at it as well.

"Alright, I'll let you rest here alone," he sighed, "just keep yourself safe and find me if you need help or if Uno bothers you again." Lisa nodded in response.

Sehun began to advance toward the door. He took hold of the doorknob and turned it to open. But before he can leave, he looks back at her and says, "You'll soon find out who I really am, but I just want to let you know that I was once a part of Atasia's life when she was still here in Grim High."

"And I suppose I'll be a part of your new life here as well." He ended his statement by leaving the girl behind.

- - - ❀

ɴᴏᴛᴇ:
again, this is just the unrevised chapters i published back then, no changes have been made. just wait for a while for the revision. thank you!