TRIGGERS!

I took slow steps towards the stage, unfortunately bearing their constant, intense gaze. I lowered my eyes, consoling my heart. I can do it! It isn't something big! Repeating constantly in my heart, building my courage up.

"We don't have the entire day." Grumbled Ehaan, expressing his annoyance. I stopped myself from glaring at him. I stood next to him. He was the lead and frustratingly, I was going to be his partner. I looked at him with questioning eyes. His dark brown orbs lightened a little, a hint of amusement underlying in it. What he found amusing in it? It was so annoying! I attempted very well, but I was pretty sure my face was giving off my frustration.

He took a step forward, erasing the small gap I had kept around us. That got me conscious, and I halted my urge to back from him. He was so intimating; him moving closer could make anyone anxious. A wide smirk playing on his lip, orbs dancing in amusement. If anyone glanced at him, they would claim he was enjoying it. But the statement he uttered a few minutes back made me have some different thoughts. Surely something was plotting in his devil mind.

His large arms wrapped around my waist pulling me closer to him. My eyes widen at his sudden move, as my face was inches away from touching his chest. Such proximity was only turning my heartbeat to raise high; he was scaring the hell out of me. His other hand slowly directed my hand and placed it on his shoulder. My soft palm against his hard leather jacket, my eyes moved from my hand on his jacket to those dark orbs staring straight at me. Not for a second, he had moved his gaze, what was he doing? Why was he staring so hard?

"Ehaan! That was decided to be the last step." I heard an opposing voice from someone behind us. I lowered my gaze only to realise I was staring at him as well. I looked at the source, he was Rudr. His furious gaze fixed on Ehaan as if he could attack him at any minute

"Hmm... we have to train her if she is participating." Though he was answering Rudr but hadn't left his eyes from me. Those orbs shooting deep as if curious about what was in my mind? "Are you ready for the training?" He arched his brow, ending with a wink. And within a swift second, I was bent so low that I could assure, my hairs were touching the floor. And without giving me an opportunity to register happened a minute back, he positioned me back as before. Swirling me and it was at such high speed, I was feeling dizzy. And as I was preparing myself for some unknown steps, he moved his foot forward and as a result of connecting my foot with his, I landed on the floor with a bang.

A huge round of laughter was surrounded after it. I sat on the floor feeling humiliated. "I knew it!" I heard Mia laughing in between. "She couldn't do even a simple step." Continuing with her laughter again.

"So, Ms Ruhi couldn't take the training? How will she take the real task?" A mocking voice came from Aarav. I was so much in mess, people determined to insult me to the edge. I couldn't take it any longer! What had I done? What was my fault? Why they were so determined to break me apart? Couldn't they think of some stronger target? It was so easy to crack me!

"Hey, stop! The cry baby would burst in tears." As if my eyes needed only that demon permission. The minute Ehaan mentioned those words, fresh tears started rolling down my cheek.

"You guys have lost it! Hadn't accepted this from you, Mia." Rudr was fuming in anger. "Have you lost your senses, for freaking ego you are on verge of putting school reputation at stake? You know what the competition means for Mrs Veronica." I slowly raised my eyes to glimpse him glaring at people around. "Rather than wasting time on humiliating others concentrate on the upcoming competition." With those words, he slowly made his way towards me. Standing in front, extending a hand for me. "Come..." he gestured to take his hand for help. I stared at him for a second before, standing up with his help.