Chapter 3 - A New Home Base & A New Mission

Key:

Robert: Hey = talking

Robert: (happy) Hey = tone of voice

Robert: *moving* = action

Third Person POV

The scene opens with the inside view of a chapel of some sort. There is a sitting section with three couches that surround a square table. On one of the walls behind the couches is a bulletin board that has a map of the City of Vein with markers placed on the map in certain spots. There is also a jukebox against the wall that appears to be in working order. There is also a piano that to the left of the jukebox and to the left of the piano is a bed. Near the bulletin board is a car that seems to be out of place and a few boxes full of supplies near the car. There is also a bar with a few stools in front of the counter. Across the bar is a safe that is full of weapons and there is a young woman inside the safe looking at the weapons that are stored in the safe. The woman has brown eyes and orange hair that is in a ponytail. The woman is wearing a green jacket that is open in the front and black shorts. The woman is also wearing a mask signaling that she is a revenant. The woman continues to look at the weapons and the camera then focuses on the front door of the chapel. The doors then open and reveals Louis, Robert, Claire, Io, and Oliver walking into the chapel.

Louis: This is our base of operations.

Oliver: Nice place.

Robert: You're not wrong, Oliver. You're not wrong.

Robert POV

I look around and I got to say this place is pretty nice. It's got a bar, a jukebox and a safe for weapons. There is a car here for some reason but whatever, I don't own this place. This place is a lot better than my previous home base which was just a small one bedroom apartment with a couch that I used as a bed since the real bed was gone. I guess someone took it while they were looking for supplies. Can't blame them for taking the bed. I walk over to one of the couches there and take a seat. Oliver sits on the couch across from me while Claire and Io go look outside.

Louis: Make yourselves at home.

Robert: Way ahead of you, my friend. It's been a while since I had a chance to really relax.

Oliver: Why is that?

Robert: I lived in a broken down apartment that had some lost on the lower levels. So, I was always on guard just in case one of those freaks decided to search the upper levels.

Louis: I have a question for you, Robert.

Robert: Fire away.

Louis: Why were you on your own? I mean if you are a hybrid then shouldn't you be with your family?

Robert: That's a difficult subject for me to discuss. The short version is that my mother passed away when I was young and me and my father never really saw eye to eye, so I left the shelter and have been on my own ever since.

Oliver: Why did you leave?

Robert: I.... I don't want to talk about it. Let's leave it at that.

I hate talking about that bastard Benjamin but whatever. Sooner or later, I'll tell them, but we other things to worry about.

Robert: Also, *looks at Louis* you said that you wanted to talk about my blood, correct?

Louis: Yes. Exactly what type of blood code do you have?

Robert: I'm a Void-Type.