The Journey

Noctis Lucis Caelum

In the past three years the Niflheim empire began to rise again. While daemons were few in numbers near our kingdom, the closer you got to Niflheim the more you saw them. Father with help from the old Kings would go out and battle them from the lands. When he returned home injured Thea would heal him, and because the ring of the Lucii need power to work. The ring took the power from the king of Lucis who wielded it. I watched as my sister and father were arguing, about us leaving him to head to Altissa for our weddings. "Father it's dangerous even thinking about inviting Aldercapt here. Why must you indulge them if I'm here they stand no chance. Then you tell me you are going to meet with them while myself and Noct are in Altissa. What are you thinking!" "Calm down Thea I would rather neither of my children be involved in this! I want you to go get married. I also want the two of you to finish this, with the help of your brothers." I knew he referred to Ignis, Gladio, and Prompto. He had told us many times that Thea was our sister and we had to help her along this journey. In saving not only my life, but Luna's too. She never lied to me or Luna about the prophecy. Where the gods omitted, my father protected, she confided. Telling Luna that Ardyn would kill her to rouse my anger, and to break the bond of the King with the Oracle. I watched as she approached me, her anger radiating off her. "So I guess there's no talking the old man out of it huh?" "No I don't understand how he can be so stubborn Noct he's sending away his strongest weapons. Niflheim wouldn't think of trying anything if I was present." "I know, but he's trying to keep the peace with Luna's Ascension to Oracle. Plus with Ravus also set to marry you it's a power play. Niflheim is trying to take back what they've lost in recent years. Dad's just trying to make nice with them. He's moved the crystal you know it's hidden somewhere, the messenger of the gods knows. It's said she'll guide us to it when the time comes. So we go get married and find a way to end all this, and come home to live our lives."

When the day came for us to leave and head to Galdin Quay where Ravus and Luna were meeting us. I sat in the backseat with Thea next to me asleep on Gladio's shoulder. The big guy never complained about needing space when Thea was in the car. Although he sometimes switched with Prompto in the passenger seat. We found ourselves pushing the Regalia, after she had broken down. "You know I could help push too, guys!" "No way Thea you'd get your clothes dirty, and well Ignis will be giving all of us death glares until you get cleaned up." I watched as she sat in the back seat pouting. While Gladio, Prompto and I pushed arguing about who's turn it was to steer. "Hey I know this place! Hey boys I'll be back in a bit. Don't get into to much trouble without me okay." "Where are you going Thea?" "I have a secret stash out here Noct I'm going to go grab it okay. I'm thinking we're gonna need it." We found out that the currency out here was called Gil and we didn't have any. We spoke with the head mechanic Cindy Aurum about our shortage of funds. She gave us a couple of jobs and paid us for it we just couldn't tell Cid her grandfather. Who turned out to be an old friend of dad's. When we finished the jobs, we found Thea sitting in the cafe. "So did you find what you needed to find?" "Yup, I did and it helps all of us." "Whoa is that Gil! How'd you get so much of it?" "Remember that year I was away, I did odd jobs too. Well I was healing people, and returning the people who had become daemons. They gave me money to help support myself, but I had simple means back then. Remember I was just the child of the creator nothing else, you know that the children's home gave me my name too." "Oh wow that's...... umm.... well...." "You can say it Prompto, that it was awful. I didn't know any different so when Gentiana appeared, and called me by my name I finally knew I had found my home." "Okay, so what else is in the bag Thea?" We watched as she showed us her spoils weapons, armor and of course the Gil. It was enough to pay for all we needed for the trip to Altissa, and then some. "I figured you could fish Noct, and we can forage for vegetables..... Don't start with the whole vegetables are gross." I watched as the others gave me a look saying they couldn't understand why I didn't like them. They were just gross to me. We took a couple of hunting jobs, from the Hunter's association. Which added to our income, and food resources. Cindy had us take a delivery to the next stop on our way. The motel wasn't stylish but it was clean and comfortable. I shared with Thea and the guys shared another room. While we could have kept going to Galdin Quay, driving at night wasn't without peril. While daemons were few, sometimes attacks still happened. When morning came we got back on the way when Thea's phone rang. "Hello Ravus are you and Luna already in Galdin?" She put him on speaker. "Not yet we are close, luckily we were able to get a ship out of Tenebrae. The Nifs set up a blockade in and out of Altissa, and in doing so blocked other parts of the country as well. But Luna and I should make it there by this afternoon." "Us too, I'll be glad to see you it's been too long since we were together." "Yes of course. Luna sends her love to you and Noctis, and we will see you soon. Goodbye........" She took him off speaker just as he was about to say something. A second later and she put her phone away. "So what was Ravus about to say that had you taking him off speaker so fast?" She shot me a dirty look and said, "It's not any of your business, but anyway I know you know what he says. And if you say anything I'll tell what Luna says to you!" "God, you don't have to be mean Thea I was just messing with you! Now about this blockade do you think they are doing it to interfere with the weddings?" "It's quite possible Noct, a double wedding with you and your sister marrying the Tenebrae siblings is a large blow to Niflheim's power. Plus using a neutral area like Altissa gives ordinary people a chance to be around royalty. Your parents chose well in allowing the venue to be other than their kingdoms." "Not counting that we're keeping the second wedding a secret Iggy, mine and Ravus's is going to be a surprise for them. They'll only find out about it after I show up in my dress as well as Luna's." We pulled into Galdin Quay in the early afternoon just as Ravus pulled in his car, while it was almost as nice as the Regalia it lacked her flare. It was then I saw her again after almost a year the woman I was to marry. My sister was already embraced by Ravus her head rested on his chest. I watched as he kissed her forehead, "I missed you love!" "As did I." "I think our parents are wrong about them you know Noctis." "What do you mean Luna?" "I heard mother say that it was a friendship match. Between Thea and my brother, but I believe they actually love one another." "I think you're right Luna think we can be like them someday too?" "Oh I know we can and I can't wait for that day to come." We were now able to think about the future and what we wanted for it as well as from it.