Pilgrimage

Thea Lucis Caelum

I followed the path laid out by the Gods, with my brother. While he collected royal arms, building his arsenal. Our father, along with Gladio's headed to Cape Caem to check the boat he'd left there. Cid from Hammerhead joined them. As they were friends from way back before Noct and I were born. When remembering what Luna said to me as we began our journey. "Thea, you and Noctis should make your way to the Archaean, and the other Gods to awaken them. I will do what I can to help you." "Don't Luna you are mortal I am not so standing before or even beside a god will not hurt me. But you could die and that is what I'm here to stop! Especially if Ardyn thinks you are doing something to help Noct." I followed my brother's in arms as we made our way across Eos. Camping out, staring at the stars, fighting and healing daemons. Reforging the bonds we built in childhood, making them stronger. We made our way all the way out to the Rock of Ravatogh. Taking odd jobs and bounties, adding to the money and weapons I originally had. We found caves that hid locked doors as well as Kings tombs. Noct, I, and the others scaled a wall near Ravatogh, and found another strange place like Costlemark tower. It seemed only Noct or myself could enter it. The guys unable to follow us, "Stay here Thea I'm going to check it out." I watched as he began to fall into the cavern below I couldn't help the scream that escaped my lips. Then suddenly he was standing next to me again. "What happened, why are you screaming Thea?" "You fell Noct down there, I thought you were dead." I began to sob uncontrollably and Noct took me outside with the others deciding it was probably best to go through without any witnesses. We set up camp while waiting for Noct to return to us, as dawn pearled the sky he came dirty and tired. We spent the day at camp, letting Noct rest. When father called saying to return to Caem. The very next evening we pulled into Caem and met up with father and Cid. Cindy telling us we'd need to get a really rare type of ore called mythril ore. Gladio decided to leave us for an unspecified amount of time. So our party of five became a party of four. As we made our way to the vesper pool and Steyliff Grove, there Ardyn was waiting for us again. You could tell he wasn't thrilled to see me, but he played his roll pretending I didn't exist. Another woman joined us Aranea Highwind, at first she said it wasn't a place for a princess. My brother didn't say anything about it, but just said, "She goes where I do." "Don't blame me if she gets hurt your highness!" I ended up surprising Aranea with how well I held my own with them. I was able to heal the beast in the cavern below, making our fight so much easier. We followed Noct up a set of stairs after defeating the creature, where we found another locked door. When we left the dungeon, Aranea offered us a ride back to Lestallum. Where we made our way to Exineris, where Cindy's friend was waiting. She couldn't enter due to daemons inside, so the ore would have to wait. Noct was the only one to enter the powerplant, along with some unknown hunter. I sat on the stairs waiting for them to come back. "Hey Thea, Noct will be alright you know that!" "I know Prompto doesn't stop me from worrying about him though." "Yeah I know, us too!" When we hear Holly say they are coming out, and took care of the daemons inside. When the unknown hunter revealed he was Glady, I jumped up and hugged him to me. "Seems like somebody missed me!" "Stupid big brother, don't go off leaving us to worry that you're okay." Everyone watched in awe that the big guy just laughed it off. As I swatted his shoulders, even Iris. "You know better than to worry your sisters like that Glady." The guys asked him about the new scar and what he did while away from us. Iris and I wandered away from them, talking about girl things. I could tell she was brokenhearted about Noct marrying Luna. What could I say to make her feel better, nothing. Noct and I had duties to perform as royals, and number one was to make strong alliances and even stronger marriages. I was lucky enough to love Ravus and him love me back, which I could only hope was true for Luna and Noct. "Do you think they love each other Thea?..... I mean..... nevermind, I'm just worrying about them being happy in the future." "Iris I know you love my brother, but as royals we have expectations. If we are lucky enough to care for our future partners it is a gift, and Noct cares about Lady Luna." "I know Thea it's just I've always loved him even as children. Your the only one who knew, the only one who understood and never judged me." We walked to the market, and looked around. When I felt someone grab my hand, I looked up into Ravus's gray eyes. "Hello love how are you?" Without a word I stepped into the comfort of his arms. "I want so bad to be able to take all this off your shoulders. I understand that I can't, but doesn't change that I want to." "I know you do you would've protected all of us if you could have. It's almost over, then we can get on with just living our lives together."

Ravus Nox Fleuret

I could see the sadness in her eyes. I would do anything to take it away forever. She let me hold her and comfort her. I guided her back to the hotel once the boat was ready we'd make our way to Altissia where the weddings would take place. "I need to go to awaken the Archaean, but I think there's a blockade to him." "If you need to go I can take you." "I think there's a Kings tomb by the Archaean so Noct needs to come to. Right now I'm just glad you are here holding me." If this was the only comfort I could give her the so be it. I remember all the times she came to me, when she was younger. My natural quiet nature drawing her to our silent camaraderie. Words were unnecessary, she knew I worried for Luna and her roll in this. That I wanted to be the one who saved her, but it was Noctis that was destined to save the world at the cost of his and Luna's life. She explained it to me once on her 16th birthday. I was angry and helpless all at once, then she told me that she was going to change that. That in fact she had already begun changing it. It was that moment I felt something more for her. In the beginning I was just someone to confide in, someone who understood her place as an outsider. I wasn't the King of Kings, just a son of Tenebrae. I wasn't even destined to be the Oracle, as that was meant for the women in my line. I saw the world as she did, she told me of the bullying. When they realized they couldn't use her to gain access to her brother and his friends. She told me about them calling her the fake Princess of Lucis, how they called her a lier when she said that Noctis would marry Luna. How one girl tried hitting her when it was officially announced, saying she told lies about them saying how cruel and mean they were. In truth I knew she never told anyone but me, until right before our engagement party. In truth she didn't tell as so much as the girls themselves told. "We just keep moving forward Thea and we'll find our way."

When we found out the only way to the Archaean was through Ardyn or the Adagium. He would only speak to Noctis, as an equal completely ignoring Thea. I listened in on the conversation with him, hidden from view on a bench nearby. When they finished speaking he found myself and later Luna. "So he'll help us, well me get to the Archaean but not if Thea is with us. He says she has no place in our story. I think he believes the prophecy is still in place, and I and Luna are set to die as a result." "So he'll have to be disappointed we can track your phone Noct. Ravus can take me, get me close, but not close enough for him to know I'm nearby. I can meet up with you and Ravus can take the Regalia to father at Caem. To wait for us." So we drove off the next morning following the others at a discreet distance as not to arouse the chancellor suspicion. As we approached the blockade, on foot as I didn't want my car spotted. We found a way through to the path leading to the Archaean. At the end of the path was the Regalia surrounded by mt's. I watched in awe as she destroyed them, she said once that they were fast growing clones. I asked what she meant by fast growing, to which she said originally they grew up in a lab trained to be soldiers. Then later infected with the daemons leaving them empty inside but they could be healed and live a normal life. Not these they weren't allowed to develop because she had taken out so many of them when she was a child. So they rushed the growth process which left them brain dead, so destroying them was in fact a kindness. We moved silently I took hold of her giving her a very real kiss for the first time in our lives. "Come back to me as quickly as you can, love I'll be waiting for you." I took the Regalia back to Caem to wait for her return.