The Fall of insomnia

Thea Lucis Caelum

We made our way into Galdin Quay I stopped with Ravus on the bridge. While Noct and Luna went with the others to see about the boats. "Let's follow the others Ravus, maybe check out the food I'm a bit hungry." "Sure let's go love who's that talking to Luna and Noctis?" When I saw him I couldn't believe he was here of all places I made my way to stand in front of my brother and Luna and stare Ardyn down. His surprise was palpable and he quickly took a few steps back and away from me. "Adagium, why are you here are you ready to face my light now? Ending all of this  madness once and for all." "Ah what would it look like if I fought a little girl like you. But we shall see what happens in time. Don't start anything here there are lots of people around that I could hurt." He made his way away from us and to the parking lot speeding away in his car. "What was that all about Thea?" "There's a part of your past you don't know about Noct and it's not a good past." "Tell me about it then!" "Okay, when the first Kings of Lucis came into being, the elder bother was given a gift to heal the darkness by taking it inside of him. At first it seemed like a great gift even the first Oracle saw it as such. But the younger brother and founder King worried about it. When the Oracle revealed that he was believed to be the king of kings, and would restore the balance by remove all the darkness. But the healing was beginning to change him to something not human anymore. So the founder King went to Bahamut and spoke of his worries. Bahamut ordered he be sealed away until the true King of Kings arose." "He's related to me!" "Yes but so am I, technically I'm of his direct line it was his bloodline the creator used in creating me. I think I might be an immortal right now, until the right time when I'll shed it to save you and Luna." "I think you were made to heal his heart Thea, the way you've healed others. When the time comes he'll know that you are his legacy to this world." "Luna's right, and that time isn't right now. Come we should see if we can board a ship out to Altissa." Ravus took my hand as Noctis took Luna's guiding us to the docks. "There ain't no ship coming your Majesties! The empire has been gaining in power since it forces were decimated by a young girl. Oh say about twelve years ago. Which would be when the princess was around the same age as the girl." I watched as Noct negotiated with the guy who's name was Dino Ghiranze, and was a reporter turned jeweler. He wanted us to go find a gemstone for him in return he would get us on a ship out to Altissa. "I want you to stay here with Ravus and Luna, Thea the four of us will go retrieve the gem." "Not happening Noct what if he finds you. He wants you and Luna, but he's afraid of me so I go where you go. Ravus do you understand?" "I absolutely do love, I'll stay here with Luna to protect her. We can stay while you and the others go retrieve the gemstone. We'll see you later this evening, I'll go secure our rooms for the night." We get back to Regalia and I got the riot act by Noct. "We'll handle any fighting Thea you are to hang back understand." "Of course Noct we've been doing it your way since we left home. I've been hanging back in every single hunt, or when we've been asked to help out. I'm strong too you know, I can fight just as well as you! Father had me trained, just like all of you. I've been trained as glaive just as long as Gladio and Ignis were." "She's quite right Noct we understand that you wish to protect your sister, but she's received the exact same training as all of us. She can help us, if you just let her." "Ugh fine if she gets hurt it's all your fault." This time Noct sat in front, while I was in back with Prompto and Glady. "Don't sweat it Thea, his highness is pouting about not getting his way." We made it to the spot indicated on the map making our way up the mountainside, and there was a giant bird. I knew it was corrupted by daemons, I began to purify the creature while we silently moved around it. Once we found the gemstone, we began to move back around the bird. Now the bird's size was much more manageable and far less threatening. "Did you do that Thea? Because that is awesome!" "Umm yeah Prompto I did, it was corrupted so I fixed it." "Well that's very helpful see Noct we were right in letting her come with us." "Yeah, yeah let's get back to Luna and Ravus before nightfall and see if there's any news on a ship." When we got back in the car Noct sat in the back with me again. I put my head on his shoulder and smiled up at him, and waited. He couldn't help smiling back at me, "Your silly Thea, but thank you for helping us back there. Now let's go get on that boat!" When we returned we gave Dino the stone, and he gave us a bangle that helped with stamina and strength. But our boat ride would have to wait until the morning. Finding that Ravus rented the suite at the hotel, which had three separate bedrooms each with two beds. Luna and I would share one, Noct with Ravus, and Ignis and Prompto taking the third. Gladio said he take the pullout couch in the living area. As it was a better place to guard the future Kings and Queens of our two countries.

Morning came all to swiftly, I awoke to a knock on the door. "Luna, Thea it's time to get up. Ignis has gone to get breakfast, best to get up before he returns." I came out of our bedroom first, with Noct leaving his. Ravus, Gladio, and Prompto sat fully dressed and awake. While myself, Noct and Luna were barely awake, at least we managed to be fully dressed. When Ignis entered his face said it all something happened at the treaty signing last night. "Are our fathers okay?" I put my hands on Noct and Gladio's shoulders preparing for the worst when he said, "Injured, but alive they escaped with the help of Gentiana. She said she made you a promise Thea according to the king a promise of a future with your family." "What about Tenebrae and our mother?" "While the Nifs attacked Insomnia, Tenebrae was left untouched. As they know that Ravus and Luna, were to be in Altissa for yours and Noct's wedding. We're to meet the King and the others in Lestallum. Your sister is there as well Gladio." Ravus took me into his arms and said, "He's alive love and you'll see him very soon. Come we can go to the cars soon and head to Lestallum. But first I think we should all have something to eat." I watched as he whispered to Noct, but I was to numb to care. Ravus kept hold of me, while trying to make me eat a little bit. "Thea you need to eat something for me, please." "Ravus is right Thea, you need to eat dad's okay and we'll be with him soon." I ate some of the fruit and cheese, drinking a little of the orange juice. "I ate something can we go now please I need to see father."

We made it to Lestallum by early evening. We headed straight to the Leville, where father was going to meet us. I watched as he limped out of the hotel, his hair more gray then before. "Oh daddy I'm so sorry I wasn't there to protect you!"

Regis Lucis Caelum

She called me daddy, for the first time ever! I made my way to her, taking her into my arms holding her as she cried. "It wasn't your job to protect me baby girl. It's my job as your father to protect you. And pretty soon it'll be his job to do that as well, right Ravus?" "Of course your Majesty, we should head inside so your father can sit down love." We guided her inside the hotel, when Gentiana appeared. "The time is almost at hand. As the days become less, and the nights become more you will stand against him little sister. When you shatter the crystal giving your light unto the land, we will leave this star to the people. Bahamut will be there to guide you, you will face the pyreburner Ifrit. You must heal him as well little sister." I watched as she kissed her forehead and left us. The time was coming for the darkness, and the Gods to leave our planet to it's people.