Ending the Darkness

Thea Lucis Fleuret

I stayed hidden as my brother confronted Ardyn. "Get off the throne jester the king sits there." He began to taunt Noct about the throne when I saw him throw out a black clouds aimed at the others. I quickly put a stop to it stepping out of my hiding place. I chose my words carefully knowing I needed to push him into coming into contact with me. "Really I can't believe that this is the man that the creator used as my father. You who taunt children, and fight gods all because of a tantrum about destiny. Here I stand ready to face my destiny head on, and your off whining about how they stole it from you. You are such a child, I've known I was destined to stop you even at the cost of my own life. And guess what I was okay with that if the people had one more day to live, to love, to just be. Your a selfish old man who never deserved the throne in the first place." When I spoke the last words he attacked me. I took him into my arms holding on for dear life, as he struck and landed blows on me. But still I held firm, trying my best to end his pain and suffering. I could feel his body begin to dissipate, as I healed him as he became a pure spirit again he spoke. "Thank you granddaughter the darkness took much away from me, it corrupted my desires and turned them dark. Forgive me for all the pain I have caused, I am truly sorry for that." With those words he was gone, passing on to a peaceful ending.

Repairs began on the crown city, allowing people to find refuge there. While the daemon population was lower it would never be none until the Astrals left our planet. Once the purifying and healing light washed over the planet nothing made of darkness could stay. And once the Gods were gone it would never attract the darkness again. As my father took back the throne, my brother becoming crown prince, and myself the princess regent. I would be moving to Tenebrae once this was all done, with my husband. We made plans to sail to Angelgard as the last of the daylight faded. My brother, Luna and myself would travel together. We would take the Ring of the Lucii, with the trident of the Oracle, along with my immortality, each shedding our powers to put everything right. With the last of the light leading the Astrals home to our creator. I stood waiting near the docks were Noct used to fish when we were children. "Are you afraid Thea?" "Yeah somewhat, but I'm ready to bring back the light. So the sooner we get this done the sooner we can start living our lives. I want to see you and Luna have children Noct. I want to have children with Ravus. I want to watch our kids grow up together and get into mischief, go on an adventure like we did." "So let's go end this then, dad's bringing the ship here. We'll head to Angelgard in a few days, and this'll be over." Over, all the bad stuff would be over, and people could live normal lives. Drive after dark, farm in safety, be outside at night and not be afraid. The light will come back, and this star would be healed. My original purpose fulfilled, and my family would be safe. The boat was docked in Insomnia, just waiting for us to journey to Angelgard. "Here is the ring of the Lucii Noctis, please be careful and return to us soon my children." "We will dad, I know you want to go with us. But the Gods made it clear that it's just us three that must go." "Thea my beautiful daughter, I love you so much. You are not, nor have you ever been his child. From the day you came into our lives, you have been my daughter and Noctis sister. And now you have a chance to create a beautiful new family with Ravus. I wish you all the happiness your heart can hold. Now go and save the world." We made our way aboard the boat, bidding everyone goodbye.

As we approached Angelgard, all three of us got headaches. We figured out it was guiding us to the crystal. We stood in the chamber that held Ardyn for centuries. But now it held the crystal, waiting for us to shatter it. Each of us walked up to it, Noct held out the ring of the Lucii, Luna held out the Oracle's Trident. Each touching a spot on the crystal, a spot lit up for my hand. I reached out and touched the crystal......

Noctis Lucis Caelum

My sister didn't awaken with myself and Luna. When the others came looking for us a few days later, they were able to wake myself and Luna up but not Thea. She wasn't dead just asleep, and unable to awaken. I watched as Ravus, his mother, my father, Luna and myself moved like ghosts just barely living, coming and going to her room waiting for her to awaken. Days passed and we watched as a blast of pure light covered every part of the planet. Then dawn pearled the sky at last, bringing back the sunlight and changing everything. The plants and animals became different, while some were still dangerous none were as dangerous as before. And still Thea didn't awaken, I watched as it pained Ravus too. His wife the woman he truly loved wasn't by his side, and it was taking a toll on him. Days turned into weeks and before we knew it a month had passed. One afternoon as we took turns sitting by her bedside, Gentiana or the Goddess Shiva appeared. "Be calm young Princes, she will awaken when the time is right. Her body is changing becoming mortal, and that makes one tired. Give her time and she will return to her loved ones." Once her message was given she disappeared. We continue to keep our vigils taking turns to sit beside her. Each of us holding her hand asking her to awaken, and still her eyes stayed closed. Each day that passed would dim our spirits a little more, at her waking up at all. Even though Gentiana said she would we still couldn't stop worrying, and wondering when she would awaken. Day in day out I watched as my father and brother in law barely ate, or slept. I couldn't help feel like I had something to do with this. That if I just went along with the prophecy letting Thea just protect Luna. I found the others acting the same way as my father and Ravus. Ignis would cook just to leave it sitting. Prompto's normal talkative and fidgeted self was suddenly quiet, and still. Gladio was even more silent and brooding, and took on training the new Kingsglaive members. He was exceptionally hard on them, during their training. I was watching us fall apart and could do nothing about it. I watched as the buildings went back up repaired or replaced where necessary. The streets repaired, and our security forces replaced. With every new day something changed, but never Thea. People began to call her the sleeping princess of Lucis, which was the truth. So we continued forward one month, then two, three, four, five, six..... And still we waited hoping beyond hope that today she would wake up. And as each day ended our hopes broken. Ravus wanted to take her to Tenebrae, which I didn't agree with. Although my father was somewhat agreeable to the idea, and both tried to convince me.

I didn't want to argue with my father, Ravus, and Luna, so they planned to move Thea to Tenebrae at the end of the week. I sat holding her hand one evening and pleading with her. "Please Thea please, can you wake up for me! For us we miss you we need you here everyone needs you here. We're all turning into shells of ourselves, Ignis cooks and nobody even eats it, Prompto is so still it unnerving, and Glady is twice as brooding. We need you to make us whole again, Ravus is lost without you he needs you to wake up Thea." I put my head down and prayed for her to awaken. The silent tears coming out, "Don't cry Noct I'm okay!" I looked up at the sound of her voice, and couldn't believe my eyes. Her bright blue eyes stared back at me, she lifted her hand to wipe away my tears. "I'm so sorry it took me so long to wake up Noct but I'm awake now." I kissed her forehead and told her I'd be back soon. That I needed to let dad and the others know. "Father, Ravus, Luna love, it's Thea she's awake!" There was a flurry of activity around her room, people visiting the doctor saying she was perfectly fine and could get up anytime she felt ready. Although Ravus put his foot down and limited her visit to only myself, our father and Luna. After he allowed Ignis, Prompto, and Gladio a short visit to ease their hearts. For the first time in months Luna and I slept soundly in the knowledge that Thea was finally okay.