Chapter 14: Umbridge

Harry kept his promise and spent a few cooped up in the secret room, with his nose stuck in a book. He had found a few books on the History of his Houses as well as how the whole 'Lordship' thing entailed. Yes, he probably should have done it before claiming his title but, he was still technically an impulsive 11-year-old.

Harry was fascinated with how it worked, from life debts to bowing to those who had more power or influence. He was looking forward to flaunting his title to those he didn't like in his previous life. He also realized how much power he had. In total, he found out that he held 70 seats on the Wizengamot.

Potter-10

Black-10

Peverell-10

Gaunt-10

Slytherin-15

Gryffindor-15

He was technically the most powerful and influential person in Magical Britain. Practically every family in Britain were duty-bound to his Houses.

The next morning, when Harry came down from his dorm, he found that many Slytherins bowed before him. The news seems to have gone public. Great.

Harry bowed his head and everyone got up and respectfully bowed their head before resuming their activities. Harry was followed by Draco to the Great Hall where yet more students and staff bowed before him. Again, he inclined his head and asked them to get up.

The whole school watched the spectacle and the older purebloods explained to the younger years why they bowed for Harry. The Gryffindors seemed more respectful towards Harry and several people from all houses congratulated him and a few asked him if it was true or not. The rest completely disbelieved him. When Harry had enough of it, he stood upon the bench.

"If I may have your attention," he called out. The staff and students were listening intently.

"I am sure you all know that yesterday, I claimed my rightful Lordship of the Ancient and Noble Houses of Potter, Peverell, Gaunt, Slytherin and Gryffindor," a few people gasped at the title. It was absurd. An 11-year-old held such power over Magical Britain.

"I understand that you may not believe me," he started, "So, I shall prove it to you,"

"I, Harry James Potter, of Slytherin am recognized as the Lord of the Ancient and Noble Houses of Potter, Peverell, Gaunt, Slytherin and Gryffindor, in the name of Magic herself,"

The students and staff watched open-mouthed as Harry glowed white and the room filled with pure magic, "I hope that should calm your scepticism and yes, I am a Parselmouth and yes, the Chamber of Secrets is real,"

He watched as Dumbledore pale and smirked slightly.

"However this is not my I am speaking to you today," he spoke like a true Lord," As a descendant of two of Hogwarts founders, it is my birthright to claim this castle as my own and as of yesterday, I have claimed it. Hogwarts castle is my property. This shall not change anything," he ended, "I simply wanted to inform you, Thank you,"

The Hall was filled with chattering of students and the staff whispered to each other as well.

"Mr Potter," Dumbledore rose from his chair, "May I have a word with you in my office?"

"Headmaster Dumbledore, please address me by my title," the students' whispers became louder, "Please address me as Lord Potter, Peverell, Gaunt, Slytherin or Gryffindor,"

"Of course, my Lord" he smiled forcefully.

"I shall see you in your office, Headmaster," Harry stepped off the bench and out of the Great Hall followed by the goat.