Chapter 15: Sirius

The day after the Duel, Harry went to the Great Hall to have some breakfast. He was faced with everyone from every House including the staff, staring at him in fear. At almost the same time, almost everyone in the Great Hall stood and bowed to him including the teachers apart from Flitwick and a few Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws, the part-goblin had no ties to his Houses but he inclined his head in respect anyway. This was going to take some getting used to.

Every time Harry entered a room, to his annoyance, people got up and bowed to him.

Unfortunately, Harry couldn't stop this from happening as these rules dated back to before the Founders.

Since he didn't have anything else, Harry decided to attend the Etiquette and Ministry class on Thursday.

"Good evening, Students," Minerva announced, "Today, we are holding a class on Wizarding Etiquette and Ministry Workings. We are joined by Amos Diggory from the Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures, who will help explain the inner workings of the Ministry,"

The students sat in rows and the audience was made up of mostly muggle-borns and younger years. The class went smoothly until Harry was called up to explain life debts, Lordships and Houses. Luckily, he was used to being singled out thanks to his previous... experiences.

He answered a few questions about his Lordship and sat back down. After the lecture was over, Harry quickly went back to his dorm room where he spent the rest of the night reading.

The next morning came and the Lord was sent a letter with a Ministry of Magic seal. He opened it to find a rather patronizing letter about the Monthly Wizengamot meeting where they reviewed the month's decisions and discuss the future.

Harry's mind was brought to his godfather and how he was sitting in Azkaban completely innocent. He needed to get him out, legally this time.

***

"I, Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore, hereby call this meeting of the Wizengamot to order,"

They sat in the same seats they had the last time and Harry was still to the right of the Headmaster, next to Lucius Malfoy.

"I would like the table to go around starting from my right to bring up any issues that they may have,"

"My Lord, if you please," he gestured to Harry as he took his seat. Harry stood up though it didn't make a height difference.

"Today, I would like to address the prisoners of War," the room hadn't expected the boy to make such a mature point and Lucius stared at the young boy, he sat next to the boy who defeated his master.

"It has come to my attention that there may be potential innocents that we have let rot within the walls of Azkaban," Gasps of shock filled the room at the accusation.

"For example, take Sirius Black, notorious murderer, my Godfather," he addressed, "He was never given the trial promised to him by the Ministry. For 10 years, he has awaited his trial and still does not indicate when he will have a way to prove his innocence,"

"Many like him, still await freedom while the members of the Ministry attend balls and banquets."

"I would like to put forth a motion to give all deserved trials to those imprisoned. After all, we do not want innocent people to spend their lives rotting in Azkaban, it is absolutely ludicrous,"

"Those in favour of the motion say, Aye," The room was filled with a chorus of ayes. They did not want to get on the bad side of the young Lord. Delores sat opposite Harry avoiding eye contact. Although she did not have a House anymore, she still kept the position of Madam Senior Undersecretary.