Chapter 32: BONUS CHAPTER: OWLs

THIS IS JUST A BONUS CHAPTER ABOUT OWLS SO YOU CAN JUST SKIP THE CHAPTER.

IT IS NOT NECESSARY TO THE PLOT!

Before they knew it, it was time for the first exam. Charms. It was relatively easy as he had done it before and the examiners were definitely impressed though they tried not to show it worried about being accused of favouritism and such. He decided to use his wand for the exam as they would be marked on the correct movements and incantations though he did show them that he could do it wandlessly and non-verbally as well. That was sure to get him some extra marks.

The next day, it was Transfiguration. In his last...life, I guess you could say, Transfiguration wasn't his best subject so he focused more on it this time around. The Practical was a Vanishing Spell and Harry had plenty of experience with that. Again, he showed that he could do it wandlessly and non-verbally as well as with the wand and incantation. For extra credit, he even showed them his Animagus. A neat trick that he had learnt. (I'm gonna be evil and not tell you what it is.)

The writing wasn't too difficult and he managed to finish half an hour before anyone else, confusing the examiners but, he was Chief Warlock after all. They would expect no less from the ruler of their Wizengamot.

Herbology was simple. He had a way with plants and animals and it was painfully easy. Pomona would be proud but, when was Pomona not proud? This time, he didn't get bitten. Hooray!

Thursday was probably the one he was most looking forward to. Defence against the Dark Arts. He was extremely skilled in the Dark Arts and that made it 100 times easier to defend against it. If he had it his way, Hogwarts would teach the Dark Arts but what could he do? Britain would never allow it even though almost every other school in the world did it. Oh, wait! He owned Hogwarts.

Harry had aced everything so far. He was sure about it and Harry had gone above and beyond in his DADA. Showing off the Patronus Charm and other bits and bobs that he had learnt. He made an impression on everybody in the Hall and they definitely understood why he was Chief Warlock.

Ancient runes was always an interesting subject for Harry. Having carved and used many items that he had made himself, it came like a second language to him. Other than the other languages he knew, of course. He had aced that one as well and finished 40 minutes before the rest and impressed the examiners yet again.

Over the weekend, it was cram-studying all the way, for the rest of the students anyway. Harry was confident in his subjects and didn't believe in last-minute studying. He spent his time with McGonagall and Flitwick, who were happy that Harry had chosen not to study with the rest. Minerva said that 'last-minute studying pushes the rest of your knowledge out of your brain, through the door, out of the castle, to Timbuktu and buried 6 feet under,', in those exact words.

Finally, the Potions exam came and Harry was super confident. He had snuck the Half-Blood Prince book out of the Potions classroom in First-Year and had been using it. He even codified it into a proper book and not annotations and scribbles.

Needless to say, he thought that he aced it and got credit for modified recipes as well. Huzzah!

Care of Magical Creatures was a breeze. Harry had a way of communicating with most of them and had gotten credit for that too. Even though he could just speak to them in their own language, he correctly identified each creature and answer every question correctly. To say that the examiners and students were shocked, wouldn't cover the least of it. Bowtrucklian was an interesting language, you couldn't blame him.

The Astronomy written exam was simple enough and he had definitely got an O but it was the most complicated one yet. Even though it was challenging, he managed to map each star accurately, in his eyes anyway, and did it well enough.

Divination was rubbish and nothing more than that. Absolute rubbish. But apparently, if you make stuff up, the examiners couldn't care less.

Harry loved Arithmancy and everything about it. It was quite interesting if you understood it. This year, Harry had not made the mistake of memorizing the formulas and whatnot and instead took the time to understand the subject. His teacher was more than impressed with that. He had even substituted a few lessons for Professor Vector.

The last lesson was History of Magic. By far the most boring class in the world. He needed Binns dismissed as soon as possible. Luckily, Harry had taken it into his own hands, reading everything about the Goblin Wars and such. He had even formed a friendship of sort with Griphook and had asked him about them as well. It turns out that 'friendship' was the most that any Wizard had done for the Goblin-Wizard alliance in years.

Overall, OWLs were a breeze.

Woooo! Bonus chapter... I was bored and... why not?

-Alysha