Chapter 8: Comforting

A few hours have passed, and still no sign of Chase coming back, and Ryder and the other pups were starting to
get worried…

Ryder: It’s been hours and he still hasn’t come back.

Zuma: I know right, Chase has never been out for this long.

Marshall: Do you think something happened to him?

Skye immediately tried to cease Marshall’s thought…

Skye: No! I think he’s alright.

Ryder: Well, sooner or later, we’re going to have to search for him and bring him back to the Lookout.

Skye: I have a Guess on where he might be.

Ryder: I think so too, Skye, can you go and search for Chase, and if you find him, try to persuade him to come back to the Lookout.

Skye: Sure thing, This puppy’s gotta fly!

Skye then put on her Pup-Pack and activated her wings, and then used her Goggles to see if she could spot Chase, and sure enough, the 1st place that she thought he would go to, she found him in, the Adventure Bay Beach, Skye landed on the Beach, and saw Chase standing near where the waters are, and she gently approached Chase as Chase turned around and saw Skye…

Chase: Oh, it’s you.

Skye: What’s the matter Chase?

Chase: I don’t want to talk about it.

Skye: Chase, I’m your friend, If you don’t tell me what’s wrong, there’s no way I can make you feel better.

Chase: Oh, alright, well, you see, it’s a long story-

Skye: I’ve got time.

Chase (Sighs): You know the guy that me and Rocky Rescued? The Truck Driver, Jason?

Skye: Yeah, the person who you said you wanted to leave the Lookout.

Chase: Well, it turns out he’s not just anybody…, You see, he used to be my old owner before he… Abandoned me in Adventure City.

Skye: What? Really? He’s the one who did that?

Chase: Yeah, he’s the Jerk who ruined my childhood.

Skye: And…, Is that why you were Socially Awkward the 1st time we met you?

Chase: Probably.

Skye didn’t know how to react or comfort Chase, because it’s very hard to forgive someone who neglected you in the Worst time of your life, but despite that, Skye still tried her best to comfort one of her closest friends…

Skye: Look, I know what he did was… really bad, and that he ruined the Earliest Years in your life, but.., you’ve got to look on the Bright side of things, if he didn’t abandon you, you never would have come to this Great Place, you never would have met Ryder, you never would have met the other Pups, you never would have met me…, and look, I’m not saying you have to become Friends with him, but, judging by the way he’s acting, I think he’s changed, I don’t think he’s the same Person that he used to be, so, I guess what I’m saying is, maybe give him another Chance.

Chase thought about it for a while, and Skye did make some pretty valid points, but, Chase didn’t feel like he was ready for a Fresh start with Jason…

Chase (Sighs): I know, but, it makes me so Mad, why did he abandon me when I needed him most? I almost died cause of him!

Chase then started to get teary eyed, and Skye understood how Chase was feeling…

Skye: Would you like a hug?

Chase nodded, as he and Skye hugged for a little bit, while Skye tried to comfort him more…

Skye: It’s going to be okay, alright?

Chase: Yeah, I know. (Sniffling)

After a few seconds, Chase and Skye let go off of the Hug…

Skye: The others are worried about you, we’ve got to head back to the Lookout.

Chase: You can go, tell the others I’m fine, I’m just going to stay here for a little while, oh, and Skye?

Skye: Yes?

Chase: Please don’t tell the others about this yet, I don’t want the others to worry too much about me.

Skye: Okay, you’ve got my word, my lips are sealed.

Skye then activated her wings again, and she flew her way to the Lookout, while Chase started to walk towards where the pier is, and Cap’n Turbot, who was on the Flounder which was on the Pier, saw Chase…

Cap’n Turbot: Oh, Hey Chase, what are you doing out here so late?

Chase: Oh, Hey Cap’n Turbot, I’m just going to be here for a little while, trying to clear my mind.

Cap’n Turbot: Oh, Okay.

Cap’n Turbot then went inside the Basement of his Flounder, as Chase just watched the water ripples and stills around the Adventure Bay Ocean, as he thought about Jason, and about what Skye said…

Meanwhile…

Skye arrived back at the Lookout, and found Ryder and the other Pups still at a Table, waiting, and were relieved when they saw Skye come back…

Rocky: Where’s Chase?

Skye: He’s at the Beach, he said he’ll come after a while.

Ryder: Did he explain he just ran off and was acting this way.

Skye: Yeah, but, I think Chase will tell you when he feels like he’s ready to tell you.

Marshall: Alright…

Marshall was a little bit upset that Chase didn’t want to tell him, cause after all, he and the German-Shepherd Pup were Best Friends for a while…

Ryder: Well, it’s getting late, we better head for bed.

Rubble: Yeah.

Ryder, and the other Pups then brushed their teeth, as Ryder went to the Top floor of the Lookout on to his bed, and all the other Pups went into their Puphouses and said Goodnight to each other, got into their Blankets, and after a few minutes, fell sound asleep…