01. 𝘄𝗲𝗹𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗲 𝘁𝗼 𝘄𝗲𝘀𝘁𝘃𝗶𝗲𝘄!

THERE WAS A NEVER A STORMY DAY IN WESTVIEW, NEW JERSEY. As if it were any normal day, the sun beaming proudly in the sky as the puffy white clouds barely hid the sun that cast down into the small city. A population of over three thousand people, and not one of them had witnessed a cloudy or rainy day; to them, Westview was the most beautiful and sun-filled city that they've seen.

     Strangely, today was the only day the dark clouds filled the sky and hid the sun from the people of Westview; instead, angry clouds began to roll into the small city, and thunder rolled in, lightning striking from afar as the air grew thick. No one had seen the sky look so ugly, but not a single person dared to step foot out in the open, afraid of what the clouds would bring. Westview, normally bustling with people roaming the streets with chatter and laughter. It was practically dead as the world had gone silent; shied away into their homes or little shops, wondering when the sky was going to fall.

     The newscaster appeared on many's television as they sought information regarding the storm brewing outside their windows. Still, the man was just as baffled to see their sunshine city emerged with darkness. Nevertheless, the newscaster panned the forecast to the weatherman, who began to inform all of Westview of a storm brewing from nowhere; not even they were able to capture the moment of a dangerous storm bustling into their city but prepared the city of keeping cover.

     Not a single tornado siren sang its familiar tune, which gave every one of Westview a bit of ease, but it didn't simmer down as they feared what bestowed to them from the angry clouds hovering over them. So for that, they waited.

     While the television played in the background of a newly wedded couple, the man and woman inside seemed unfazed by the ugly weather that loomed over their roof, for they weren't threatened by mother nature. Two perfectly normal people who married within a nick of time, posing as the typical new neighbors in the block who acted as if they weren't hiding a secret from the world--or, in this case, in Westview.

     A woman with strawberry hair was curled tightly to her head, pinned perfectly, and not a speck of hair was out of place, much like the life she created for herself. The green of her eyes twinkle brightly with the love and excitement glistening from her eyes, and her painted red lips that always tugged into a toothy grin--and sometimes, her nose crinkling adorably as she'd beam with sheer emotion. She was dressed in her collared and button dress that hugged her torso perfectly and with a floral apron hugging her middle as the skirt of her dress draped down to her ankles. Covering her feet were small-heeled flat with a nearly pointed toe, but it seemed more rounded and shiny.

     Accompanying the woman was a man with an impeccable taste for fine suits. However, he held a secret far difficult than the woman he had married; a face of red and silver linings that shaped his features, decorated with a gem perched in his forehead like some home. He was a peculiar sort of fella, but to the world, he was a very, very tall man with short blonde hair that he parts down the side. Rather than his wife's green eyes, the man possessed striking blue eyes and a gorgeous smile. Witty and full of wonder, the man has a soft spot for the world that he had grown to admire.

     "Darling, you don't suppose there will be any rain, do you?" Vision wondered almost nervously. He had been peeking outside the window as one of his fingers brushed the sheer curtain out of the way, still in his humanoid figure as he made sure the window had no view of any homes around them. He gawked at the angry dark sky, fearing the storm to be gruesome. "Perhaps maybe a small drizzle, I hope."

     Still unfazed by the weather outside, Wanda had taken the liberty of cooking them breakfast. "Don't tell me you're afraid of a little rain, Vis?" A soft tease was hidden in her voice, but Vision had been too preoccupied with the cloud to acknowledge it. Wanda peered through every crank and nook of the kitchen--checking every pantry, cupboard, and fridge for something but disappointed to find nothing.