03. 𝗮𝗴𝗻𝗲𝘀, 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗿𝗲𝗹𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀𝗵𝗶𝗽 𝗮𝗱𝘃𝗶𝗰𝗲 𝗴𝗶𝘃𝗲𝗿

"WHY ARE YOU LOOKING AT ME LIKE THAT?"

"Her crazy personality doesn't unsettle you? That woman is all over the place," Eszter leans forward, muttering a little under her breath like she was afraid Agnes might overhear her. "Not to mention, Agnes is trying to set me up with her son."

A grimace was clear on Eszter's face as soon as Agnes swiftly left the Vision Residence, ready to redeem the magazine that would help Wanda plan her date for the night between her and her husband. Eszter wasn't too keen on the idea of Agnes, but the girl couldn't allow herself to judge the woman she had only met. A harsh feeling of hypocrisy smacked Eszter straight in the chest, reminding the witch she was in no place to be judging a woman as normal as Agnes, knowing Eszter was far from it.

However, Wanda was blinded by the strangeness from Agnes. She found her neighbor to be quite outgoing and enthusiastic--something Wanda strives for.

"Oh, don't be a drag, Essie," Wanda reassures with a boost of optimism. "I'm sure her son is a lovely boy, and you two will be the best of friends--" Capturing the look on Eszter's face, Wanda sighed dejectedly. "Just be nice, please, for me?"

Beside her on the single couch, Eszter was frowning a little of concern, though her mind seemed to be concentrating more on the idea of Agnes trying to set her up with her son. Embarrassed by the proclamation, Eszter wasn't too keen on letting a stranger attempt to kindle a relationship for her son; if Eszter wanted to be in a relationship, it wouldn't be like this.

Eszter scoffs. "Wanda Maximoff, are you guilt-tripping me?"

"It's my anniversary tonight, Essie! I don't know what I'm doing, and Agnes does," Wanda practically whines. "She's the first neighbor who thinks we're a normal family and could be an excellent friend."

Slowly breaking, Eszter was trying to keep a stern stare. "Wanda . . ."

"Just do me this one favor, please?" A pout tugged on Wanda's lips. "If you love me."

Crashing down, the stern gaze that fixated on Eszter's face broke apart and looked stumped, knowing her sister had won this time. A deep sigh exasperated loudly captured Wanda's attention, though the eldest Maximoff sat in silence as she waited for Eszter's response.

"Alright, alright. Fine," Eszter finally says, causing Wanda to squeal happily. "But if she tries to set her son and me up, don't be surprised if you lose a friend."

Letting the words wash over her, Wanda gleefully boasted on and on about Agnes being a good neighbor by helping them out; much to Eszter's surprise, the witch was rather surprised to see how willing Wanda was to befriend Agnes. Maybe that was another reason why Eszter should befriend the woman herself--put a good expression on the neighbor for the sake of Wanda.

Wanting to be close with her sister, Eszter hadn't imagined spending most of her time with someone she had just met.

Suddenly, the door burst open with a determined woman storming inside, piles of magazines cradled in her arms; Agnes flashes Wanda and Eszter a big grin as she swipes the door shut, waving her hand about as she greets the sisters.

"Your savior has arrived!" Agnes cries out excitedly. "I brought every single copy that I could find in the house, and let me tell you, this isn't even half of it."

Eszter turns around with both brows raised, watching as the dark-haired woman prance around the house like she owned it; still, the young brunette straightens her shoulders, faking a friendly smile and deciding to pose friendly for the sake of Wanda. Her gaze shifted toward the piles of magazines resting in Agnes' grasp.