04. 𝘄𝗮𝗻𝗱𝗮'𝘀 𝗱𝗼𝗺𝗲𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗰 𝗰𝗿𝘆 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗵𝗲𝗹𝗽

"WOULD YOU LIKE WATER, TEA, OR PERHAPS COFFEE?"

Eszter followed Agnes into the dark house before the woman flicked the light switch, brightening the home with the lamps shining beneath the shades. Looking around and taking in Agnes' house, Eszter found herself standing in the middle of the living room, moving aside briefly when Agnes shuffled by, heading toward--what Eszter assumes--the kitchen.

The house looks as standard and basic as Eszter imagined. It looked like a typical house.  A subtle couch that gave the living room no life, no color, and the curtains made the place feel dated in the '90s. The rug on the floor seemed outdated, maybe a little off-putting for the house, but Eszter supposes it suited Agnes' style. Then there was the dark contrast of the wood that runs up and down the walls of the house, covering half of the walls while the other half was filled with beige paint and a mural of a garden.

Eszter looked over the living room silently to herself as she shuffled deeper into the living room, searching for nothing. Curious as a cat, Eszter found herself snooping through Anges' house, wondering what kind of person Agnes is. However, as she looked along the walls and tables, Eszter realized the place lacked any form of life regarding Agnes and who the woman is; nothing signified anyone was living in the house because there wasn't anything revolving around Agnes' life. It was silently strange, but then Eszter remembered Wanda barely had anything that felt like home as well, but her sister was slowly getting into the spirit.

The witch continues to wander around the house like a nosy child, unable to keep her nose out of someone else's business; Eszter lets her legs carry her around in a circle. Eszter turned toward the center of the living room and spotted a cage sitting on a small circular table next to the dull, floral printed couch; a rabbit was nibbling on scratches of food that was left from earlier in the day. Eszter stared at the animal before her eyes furrowed, weirded out when the rabbit paused and stared at her.

"Hon?" Agnes pops her head from behind the wall after a moment of silence.

Eszter sprung away from the rabbit and glanced at Agnes with wide eyes, taken by surprise like a child being caught doing something terrible. The woman's voice had caught Eszter off-guard, too engrossed on checking out Agnes' house to acknowledge her. Wholly embarrassed by her lack of respect for the woman and her privacy, Eszter's cheeks flared a bright red until her face was practically scorching hot. The teenager had backed away from the rabbit cage and intertwined her fingers, trying to act natural.

"Sorry," apologized Eszter, fiddling with her fingers. "What did you say?"

"Would you like anything to drink?" Agnes asked again, seemingly unfazed by Eszter's behavior. "I've got water, coffee, or tea."

"Uh, water is fine," smiled Eszter, embarrassed. "Thanks."

"Grab a seat, hon. Make yourself comfortable," called Agnes, now from the kitchen. The woman's voice remained full of energy and preppy, seeming to be in the most incredible mood. "No need to be shy, hon. You know what they say, 'mi casa es tu casa!'"

A snort slipped from Eszter but furrowed her brows when the last words had caught her attention, making her head turn. Why'd that sound so familiar? It wasn't that it was a usual saying, but a distinct voice rang through Eszter's head like a reminder. It was weird; Eszter remembered that phrase, one that happened not too long ago, but it could've merely been a coincidence. Still, the phrase somehow left an unsettling chill running down the back of Eszter's spin, making her skin crawl uncomfortably. Five simple words were quick to snap Eszter out of this daydream and into a different state of mind, taking her away from Westview and back to the place she ran from.