02. 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗳𝗿𝗶𝗲𝗻𝗱𝗹𝘆 𝗻𝗲𝗶𝗴𝗵𝗯𝗼𝗿

THE FAMILIAR SUN SHONE BRIGHTLY IN THE SKY WITH NOT A CLOUD IN SIGHT. The thunderstorm had vanished shortly overnight once Eszter had fallen asleep, and to everyone's glee, the sky was free from the ugly clouds that glared down at the world. Unable to explain the strange phenomenon, the weatherman had dismissed the storm and claimed it to be spontaneous and managed to slip past their radar, but promises that they'll always update the viewers.

     Sunlight spilled through the blinds and brightened the guest bedroom with Eszter inside, and luckily, the bed faced away from the windows, meaning the witch wasn't abruptly blinded upon waking up. Swiftly, Eszter swiped the blinds open to cause the sun to flood the room even further, causing the room to slowly grow warmer with each passing second that Eszter stayed buried under the covers.

     Subtle groans of dismay erupted from the back of Eszter's throat as her eyes remained shut, still unable to open them even as she allowed for the light to wake her up brutally; unfortunately, Eszter was refusing to wake up according to her biological clock, but her eyes remained closed as the sleep tickled her eyes. Her brows burrowed into a frown, and her eyes scrunched softly, causing her long lashes to tickle the top of her cheeks briefly. There was a sharp intake of air as Eszter swiped one of her hands across her face and to her eyes, rubbing the sleep from her eyes before she peels them open.

     As if glued together, Eszter managed to force her eyes open until her green eyes were peeking out from beneath her lids, glaring at the ceiling tiredly. The morning was never Eszter's favorite moment of the day, but she also didn't like nighttime, so the girl was in between. Struggling to wake up was the least favorite thing Eszter enjoys doing, but being up and about was definitely what she needed, but the comfortable bed was refusing to release Eszter from its grip.

     Before Eszter find herself sleeping again, a soft knock disturbed her little silence as she listened to the sound of birds chirping outside her window. Tearing her angry and tired eyes from the ceiling, Eszter stared blankly at the bedroom door, waiting for whoever it was to speak.

     "Eszter, I plan on making breakfast if you'd like to join me," it was Wanda. Eszter sighs tiredly as she rubs her face once again, silently yelling at herself to wake up, so she sits up like a zombie. "I'll be in the kitchen."

     Sliding out of bed and standing in the middle of the room, Eszter glanced down at her pajamas--she didn't want to know what her hair looked like because she can already see how tangled the bottom of her hair looks like. With a snap of her finger, Eszter looked presentable and wide awake as she created herself a new look without needing to rummage through her suitcase physically.

     With a quick smile to herself, Eszter exits the bedroom and quickly makes her way toward the kitchen where Wanda had announced her whereabouts, so it wasn't hard for Eszter to find her sister. Prancing inside the kitchen, the first thing she sees is Wanda cleaning the dishes.

     "Good morning," Eszter greets as she walks into the kitchen, finding a seat in the corner.

     Whipping her head toward the voice, Wanda nearly felt her heart jump out of her chest before she met Eszter's figure walking toward the small table set in the kitchen; the woman hadn't noticed the brunette entering the kitchen, though she must've been so entranced in cleaning the dishes that she hadn't noticed Eszter shuffling inside. Nevertheless, a smile made its way onto Wanda's face.

     "Good morning, Essie. How was your trip?" Wanda wondered. "You looked exhausted."

     Eszter hums at the question but remembers when she was making her way to Westview, she had been ecstatic to visit Wanda and Vision, where they resided. Although Eszter had barely heard anything regarding Westview and Wanda's new home, the teenager excused Wanda's lack of communication because the woman was busy with her new marriage and moving. Whether Wanda would've told Eszter or not, the young brunette was overjoyed in Wanda's success in getting a normal life, and Eszter is more than happy to see that her sister was granted a luxurious life instead of the odd situation that was their life.