08. 𝘄𝗲 𝗺𝗲𝗲𝘁 𝗮𝗴𝗮𝗶𝗻, 𝗽𝗶𝘇𝘇𝗮 𝗯𝗼𝘆

ESZTER HAD WALKED BACK INTO THE HOUSE WITH TWO ICE CREAM CONES SITTING COMFORTABLY IN HER HANDS. With Wanda's cravings creeping in on her, she sensed the ice cream truck--more like hearing the familiar tune--sneaking into their neighborhood. Wanda had instantly sent Eszter out with a couple of dollars and demanded an ice cream cone. Wanting to be a good sister and a little giddy at the reminder of Pregnant Wanda, Eszter obliged and fetched themselves ice cream.

      A happy little Eszter pranced into the house as she magically swiped the door open before shutting it as she stepped inside, finding Wanda reading a magazine and using her telekinesis to vacuum the living room. Stopping briefly to glare at her sister, almost motherly, Eszter cleared her throat to gather her sister's full and undivided attention. However, the teenager could see Wanda was a little distracted.

     Wanda's eyes widen at the sight of the ice creams rather than noticing Eszter's little gare. "You're awesome, Essie!" She exclaims, holding her hand out as she gestures for the cone.

     "Wands, you're supposed to be relaxing," Eszter sighed, handing the ice cream to the veryexcited mother-to-be before taking control of the vacuum and directing it back into the closet. She hadn't a clue what Wanda was trying to clean up because the house was clean. "Are you sure you want to leave today? Don't you want to sit back and relax before the babies come?"

     Wanda licks her ice cream, furrowing her brows in puzzlement. "Babies?"

     Eszter shrugs. "I'm hoping for twins," she answers calmly.

     "Uh, no," scoffed Wanda, feeling like her eyes were nearly popping out of their sockets at the absurdity that came from Eszter. The younger sister chuckled in response, rounding around the couch and slipping onto the sofa beside Wanda. "I'm not having twins. I'd go crazy." Wanda claps Eszter lightly on the shoulder as she sits up to set the magazine she had been reading back on the table. "And yes, we're going now before the baby gets here, and I'll be stuck at home taking care of him."

     "I already told you and Vis that I don't mind babysitting," Eszter comments, standing up from the couch to help Wanda, who slapped her hands away, claiming she's 'not that pregnant yet.' Rounding around the sofa, Eszter waits on Wanda as they make their way toward the front door. "I'd be happy to spend some time with my nephews."

     Wanda huffed in disagreement but didn't comment on that matter further. Eszter was very adamant about Wanda having twins because it seems genetic to have twins in the family, and Eszter wouldn't mind having more than one nephew or niece. Wanda wasn't crazy about having twins. She most definitely didn't want twins as her firstborns, seeing as they're a lot of work, but Eszter did have a point, but Wanda wasn't going to go too deep into that.

     "You're still young, Essie. You don't need to stay home all the time to take care of our child, I promise. We'll be fine," Wanda reaches forward and yanks the door open, letting Eszter leave first. "But you can help me find some cute clothes for the baby."

     Eszter might've let out a little squeal that she attempted to suppress but failed miserably. "What are we thinking? Gender-neutral colors, or are you confident it's a boy?"

     Subtly cradling her belly, Wanda pondered on the thought. "I'm confident it's a boy, but just to be sure, gender-neutral it is."

     "Good choice," Eszter nods, heading toward the car. "Can you still drive if you're pregnant?"

     It turns out Wanda was perfectly capable of driving a short drive with her popping belly. Although her baby bump has yet to touch the steering wheel, Eszter is confident that it'll touch the steering wheel once Wanda grows.