5. Jealousy Jealousy

(Warning: Later on in this chapter, there's gonna be some pretty explicit s3x stuff so please bear that in mind. ᵐᵘᵐ ᵖˡᵉᵃˢᵉ ᶠᵒʳ ᵗʰᵉ ˡᵒᵛᵉ ᵒᶠ ᵃˡˡ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ᶦˢ ʰᵒˡʸ ᵈᵒ ⁿᵒᵗ ʳᵉᵃᵈ ᵗʰᵉ ᵉⁿᵈ ᵒᶠ ᵗʰᶦˢ ᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ ᵒʳ ʸᵒᵘ ʷᶦˡˡ ⁿᵉᵛᵉʳ ˡᵒᵒᵏ ᵃᵗ ᵐᵉ ᵗʰᵉ ˢᵃᵐᵉ ʷᵃʸ ᵃᵍᵃᶦⁿ)

(Y/n's POV)

Months passed and Peter and MJ were getting closer than ever, almost as if they were on an eternal date and Ned and I were just their third wheels. Unfortunately, it was around this time that I realised I was catching feelings for Peter. I thought it was impossible. I still loved Loki but... I couldn't help my stupid emotions. I'd always find myself internally screaming, "WHY ARE EMOTIONS SO STUPID?!"

The worse my jealousy got, the more prevalent Loki became. Before long, he was in my head all the time, even at school. On top of that, as time went on, I noticed some of my veins started turning green. I decided not to worry about it but it did mean I had to start wearing long sleeves and occasionally scarves.

But I had more important things to focus on, such as preparing the school for Homecoming. I had to clear my head because on all the afternoons leading up to homecoming, I'd have to spend a whole hour alone with Liz. Like I didn't already have enough snakes whispering in my ear.

One day at school was particularly intolerable. The whole time, I'd been watching Peter and MJ act like a married couple together and I had basically nothing going for me so my mood was already pretty low and I was not looking forward to see whatever bad advice or insults Liz had to offer me.

I walked into the gym where they were making the decorations and I sat down to help. As I was making paper chains, Liz scooched up right next to me and said, "Soooo, looks like boytoy and the freak are getting really close, huh? How's that make you feel?"

"Happy", I simply replied.

"Seriously?", Liz scoffed.

"Yes. I think it's wonderful that you've found another boytoy to play with, Liz", I said to her.

After a moment of letting the cogs turn in her brain she asked me, "Did you just call me a freak?"

"If the everest-heeled shoe fits", I said calmly.

"Ugh, I meant Peter and that... weird girl you two always hang out with", she said.

"If you're talking about my friend, MJ, then I'm happy for them and also, since when do you care about my personal affairs?", I scoffed.

"I don't. I just make it my business to know. And I know that you're not as 'happy' for them as you let on", she taunted me.

"I don't know what you're talking about", I said, starting to lose my composure.

"Come on, y/n, I see how you look at them when they're flirting with each other. I can practically see your cheeks turning green", she was getting to me.

I reversed universal genocide, how is this teenage girl breaking me?!

I heard Loki behind my back say, I must give her credit, this girl does knows how to taunt someone.

"... So what if I'm jealous? It doesn't mean I want them to break up!... I just want what they have", I said in a hushed voice.

"Yeah, you want it... with Peter", she continued.

"Y'know, you're making me sound like you, Liz. I mean, just a few years ago, you were pretty smitten with Peter. I can't imagine you're exactly over the moon he chose someone you'd call a basket case over you", I tried taunting her.