Cryo Vision Rumor [Kaeya X Reader]

Kaeya was a flirty individual. Everyone knew that. But lately, Kaeya wasn't acting like his usual flirtatious self, and that was deeply concerning to you.

It was a standard night at the Angel's Share tonight, the only different and odd thing being Kaeya. He sat alone in the furthest corner of the first floor, slowly sipping away at a glass of wine. His head was down, and he made no effort to interact with anyone; not even you of whom he bothered the most with his flirtatious advances. He just sat there in silence, and after nearly half an hour of doing so you finally decided to step in and see what was wrong.

"Oi. Your spice is gone. Did something happen?" You asked as you approached his table.

Your voice had startled him and he jumped in his seat a little. When he saw it was you who approached him he made an attempt to chuckle it off, taking a nervous sip of his wine.

"Well I wouldn't say anything is terrible." He replied, bringing forth his usual smooth voice.

"You've been sitting in this corner for half an hour Kaeya. Something is clearly up." You insisted, sitting down across from him.

"Curious, are we?" He hummed. "In that case; have you ever heard the rumor about cryo vision users?"

"No, I haven't." You responded.

"Well, it's... actually, maybe it's best if you don't know then." He sighed, swirling his remaining wine in his glass before downing it in one swig.

"Hold on, what?"

He didn't give you any more chances to ask questions as he stood from the table, dropping off some Mora at the front counter before swiftly leaving the tavern. You were left there wide eyed and confused, totally taken aback by his actions. His tone had fallen off and his body language had gotten smaller. You noticed these things before he got up and left. The fact that he only entertained your company for a few measly minutes was also unusual compared to the hours you'd used to spend yapping at each other. You stared at his empty glass on the table deep in thought, wondering what the hell was going on with him.

"Huh, I thought you might be able to get him out of his mood. Weird." Venti's voice rang out.

"Venti..." You spoke softly as you watched the bard take Kaeya's previous seat. "Do you know what's up with him? I've never seen him like this before."

"Did he ramble about the whole 'rumor about cryo vision users' thing?" Venti asked.

"He did, but he wouldn't elaborate on it. He said it's better I don't know, which I think is bullshit. Do you know?" You asked.

"I do."

"Then tell me." You demanded. "I want to know what's got him so glum. He has a cry vision himself, so it's got me worried."

"Well, if you insist... Cryo visions are rumored to only be bestowed to individuals who are particularly... Lonely. Everyone has left them, and there isn't too much hope for them in terms of repairing their broken relationships." Venti elaborated.

"Oh... Oh no..."

"Kaeya has expressed how empty inside he is to me in one of his drunken ramblings. He thinks he'll be alone forever, and he's actually been in this state for a few days now. He definitely thinks he'll never find true love as well, especially considering all he's lost already." Venti explained further.

"Oh Kaeya..." You mumbled, feeling genuinely hurt for him.

"But, that's not true though, is it _______?" He winked, looking at you with a grin.

You blushed and cleared your throat, glancing off to the side. He wasn't wrong. You were in fact quite in love with Kaeya. All you had yet to do was tell him.

"He's by the church. The wind carries his heavy breaths. You should go to him." He told you softly.

You looked back at him with a slightly surprised look about your eyes before letting a tiny sigh slip by. This man knew too much or his own good, but he was right, and you thanked him with a smile.

"I will. Thanks, Venti." You nodded.

Without another word you abandoned your drink and ran out of the tavern after leaving a sachet of Mora on the counter for Diluc, booking it for the church. You wanted to be faster, but those god forsaken stairs winded you significantly and slowed you down. Despite your exhaustion you still pressed on until you were up the last set of stairs leading to the church. Now all you had to do was find him.

Glancing around the front of the church he was nowhere to be found, so you slowly made your way around the side, looking behind every column in case he was hiding. So far you had no luck, but success came to you when you reached the back where the graves stood silently. He was leaning on the stone fence with an empty sort of expression, completely lost in his thoughts as he stared out at the water below. He wasn't completely out of it though, as when you foot touched the grass he turned his head slightly to see you.

"How did you know to find me here _______?" He asked with a quiet chuckle.

"Venti." You replied as you came to lean on the fence beside him. "He also filled me in on this whole cryo vision rumor."

"He did, did he?" Kaeya sighed. "It's funny, isn't it? What a pity..."

"No, not really. It's not funny at all. It's also wildly inaccurate to be honest." You replied, looking intensely at him.

He looked back at you, confused by your statement. "What do you mean...?"

"Well, first of all, rumors should stay as exactly that: a rumor." You started, a blush beginning to tint your cheeks. "Secondly, facts are what matter. The fact is you don't have to be alone. Not if I'm here."

Kaeya watched you with wide eyes for a moment before a small smile crept up on his face. His eyes softened, and he stood up straight.

"_______, are you... confessing to me?" He asked in disbelief.

"I can't believe you've yet to realize I'm in love with you Kaeya. I know I've been too nervous to say anything, but I think you definitely need to know now." You huffed. "Besides, I miss your flirting."

You swore you saw a tear in the corner of his eye when you finished speaking and you looked at him curiously. Before you could question him you felt yourself get tugged into a strong hug, pressed firmly against his chest as his arms enveloped you. You felt him heave out a great sigh, and then he spoke.

"Do you truly mean that?" He asked.

"I do. I swear on every Archon I do." You repeated.

His grip on you tightened briefly before loosening again, and he leaned you back a bit to look into your eyes.

"W-what? What did I say?" You stammered, entranced by his gaze.

"Nothing wrong, and everything right." He mumbled before he leaned in and kissed you.

Your cheeks were even redder now, a little surprised by the gesture. Comfort soon came to you though when he sat on the edge of the fence and pulled you in close, his fingers neatly lacing at the small of your back with his arms resting on your hips. With that comfort you leaned into him with your hands on his chest, completely melted into him. He felt like he had returned to his former left by the way he gently pressed you closer. It was a great relief.

When you both eventually pulled back, Kaeya was practically beaming. His depressive aura had all but disappeared, and he smiled.

"So my charm does work." He finally said.

Normally you would be flustered, but right now, all you could do was laugh joyously.

"That's the Kaeya I know!" You giggled, relieved that he was feeling better. "Yes, your charm does in fact work. So no more tears. You won't be alone anymore."

"Thank Barbatos for that." He sighed, hugging you close again.

He really could thank Barbatos. If it weren't for that little hint, you wouldn't have been here, nestled in the plumes of your now lover's cape. The wind no longer carried heavy breaths; but laughter instead, and somewhere, a bard smiled.