Just Be [Ayato X Reader]

Ayato was a busy man; always working diligently within the confines of his office. As the head of the Kamisato Clan, he rarely made appearances due to the mountains of paperwork and planning he had going on behind the scenes. Whether it be event planning, political exchanges, or any other small trivial matter that fell under his jurisdiction, he always put that work first, which meant time for himself was almost nonexistent. That also meant that time for you was even less common to come by, and frankly, you have had enough of that.

Currently, Ayato was working on the planning for yet another small collaborative event for the Tri-Commission. It had been days since he started it, and you knew damn well he had been cramming other small projects in the cracks of this current one, lengthening the time he spent inside working away. As one of his closest friends, it was now your duty to interrupt the flow of work just this once. He needed a break even if he wouldn't admit it, and you would make sure he got it.

You marched on into the Kamisato Estate with a determined look in your eyes, straight to the back where you knew Ayato would be working quietly. Not a single guard even dared to stop your advance. They knew you quite well by now, and most of them admittedly agreed with your plans to interrupt his work. It had been nearly a week of being surrounded by mounds of papers, so they let you slide by with a thankful nod. Thoma was the only one to stop you before you slid the screen over to bother Ayato, and he was the only one you'd actually stop for anyway.

"Going to pull the young master from his mountain of work eh?" He questioned with a smirk.

"Oh you bet. It's been what; six days since he locked himself up in here? It's about time he got some sunlight." You huffed.

"Well if anyone's gonna be able to convince him to drop a bit of his workload, it'll be you." Thoma nodded. "He's taken quite a shine to you, I hope you know~"

"Oh hush. You're embarrassing. These screens aren't sound proof." You scolded, your cheeks dusting with a weak blush.

"I'm just saying~. You may be the only one to persuade him into taking a break, and it won't be just because you're one of his closest friends."

"Shush!! Oh my Archons, don't give me false hope you damn house wife!" You huffed, punching his shoulder gently.

"Haha! Sorry, sorry~. I'll stop teasing you. Go on. Convince that workaholic to let go of his papers for the night." He encouraged with a wink.

"I will, and I'll succeed, thank you very much."

Thoma allowed you to continue on as you slid away the screen that separated you from Ayato's office. There he was, dead center of the room surrounded by stacks of paper. He looked unfazed, totally absorbed in his work. He probably didn't even hear the conversation you had with Thoma just inches from the door due to how engrossed he was in his work; which you were thankful for. He still stared down his papers even as you came up behind him, only realizing you were there when you cleared your throat loud enough to make him jump a little.

"______. I didn't hear you come in." Ayato huffed, finally setting his pen down.

"That would probably be because you're nose deep in paperwork." You laughed. "When was your last break?"

"It was... Hmm, now that is a good question..."

"Oh my god. Ayato, it's past eight. You've been knee deep in this project for almost a week. You're taking a break tonight." You insisted.

"Am I?"

"Yes, you are. By my order. You have half an hour to finish up what's most important, then you must meet me in Ritou. You're going out with me tonight."