Don't Forget [Kazuha X Reader]

Things were quite peaceful in Inazuma now, so it was quite odd when Thoma ran up to you in a frenzy, claiming that you were needed for an 'emergency' of some sort. There was hardly anything worthy of being classified as an emergency nowadays, so you found it weird when Thoma dragged you out to one of the restaurants in Inazuma City. What was it, a national food emergency? Thoma said it would make more sense if you saw the issue for yourself though, so you followed him to see what was so important.

Upon entering the restaurant, it quickly became clear why you were needed.

It was Kazuha, sitting alone in the far corner, surrounded by plates of dango skewers and empty sake bottles. He was leaned up against the wall, head already hanging to the side with pink cheeks and an absent gaze. The man was plastered, and you held back a spurt of laughter only because the situation seemed serious.

"Oh Archons... I see what you mean. But... Why do you need me specifically?" You asked.

"He won't listen to anyone but you. He said it himself. Though it was hard to make out anything he was saying at all, your name came through the clearest." Thoma informed you with a sigh.

Your cheeks warmed, and you were both flattered and embarrassed.

"O-oh! R-really?"

"See for yourself. C'mon." He laughed.

Thoma escorted you to the corner where Kazuha sat and you could look upon the state he was in. The poor man barely noticed that you had approached him, his vision slowly locking onto Thoma once he realized there were other bodies present in his empty booth.

"Thoma... I said I wasn't gonna go -hic- go with you." Kazuha slurred.

"Oh I know. But you'll go with them, right?" Thoma asked, pointing at you.

"W-wha?" He mumbled dumbly, squinting at your form.

"Wow Kazuha, are you really so drunk that you can't even recognize me?" You chuckled.

His eyes snapped open upon hearing your voice before tears started to well up in the corners of his eyes. His bottom lip quivered, and then re reached out towards you with grabby hands, whining your name as he switched up completely.

"Where have you beeeen! I-I've been -hic- thinking about you for so loooooong!"

Thoma chuckled when you glanced over at him in surprise. "He's been like this for a while. I wasn't kidding when I said I needed you."

"No kidding indeed. Well, uh, I'll take it from here then. Thank you, Thoma." You nodded, blushing a bit.

"I'll leave him in your capable hands. Have fun you two~" Thoma teased.

You waved for him to shush before you turned your attention back to Kazuha who still had his arms extended out towards you. He really was a mess. With a sigh, you rounded the table and sat down next to him, his arms latching around you almost instantaneously. Quite whines came from him as he nestled into you, and you began to wonder how much he had truly drunk.

"Kazuha... How many bottles have you had?" You asked him gently.

"Nnnh... Only two..." He mumbled.

"Kazuha... I can see the bottles on the table."

He was quiet for a moment, then squeezed you a little. "... Four and a half..."

"Oh Kazuha... Why?" You asked.

"S' my birthday. I wanted to c-celebrate... But you forgot so I did it alone."

"Kazuha..." You sighed, shaking your head at him. "You never told me when your birthday was. How was I supposed to come if I didn't know, silly?"