Plenty of Love [Ayato X Reader X Thoma]

This recent realization of yours was a tad bit... Unfortunate. After what had been several months of fluttery feelings and days upon days of denial, you had concluded that you were most definitely in love. What made it unfortunate though, was the fact that you weren't in love with just one man, but two. The misfortune of this realization only got harsher as well because of who exactly it was that you fell in love with, lumped in with your inner denial of being able to have feelings for two people.

There were two main reasons you felt strange about your blossoming love. The first was that it was for your two closest friends: Thoma and Ayato. The second reason though was what made it difficult, and that reason was the fact that Thoma and Ayato had recently started dating and proudly displaying themselves as a couple. Your love began to feel like an intrusion, and an impossibility. You loved them both, but they already loved each other, and who were you to intrude on such a joyous love between them?

It happened a month or two back, so you had banked on their well established relationship being enough to fizzle out your growing affections for the two of them. Sadly it did not. Instead your feelings grew stronger, deeply desiring to be a part of that love they shared. You wanted to hold both their hands, be caught in their embrace, and share laughs on a much deeper level with them. These thoughts and feelings were so conflicting, and you needed to desperately talk it out to find a solution. Pondering it alone was difficult as all hell, so you called upon the only person you could trust with such information: Ayaka, one of your nearest and dearest friends.

You had gone out of your way to find her, requesting that she go on a walk with you. With the nervous look you had in your eyes, she did not hesitate to agree, leaving the estate by your side as you took a longer and more scenic walk back to your home.

"What is it you need to talk about _____? You seem tense or... nervous." Ayaka asked once her home was no longer in view.

"I... I think you already know what I want to talk about. It's about... who I'm falling in love with." You replied quietly.

Her eyes softened, indeed knowing exactly what you meant. "Oh dear... You still..."

You nodded, finishing her sentence. "I... I still love Ayato... and Thoma. I love them both. My heart won't stop aching for them but... They're already in love."

"Well... Have you considered the possibility of being in a relationship together? It is a possibility." She offered.

"Oh every damn day. I think about it every minute I'm awake." You chuckled painfully. "But that's just the problem. It's unconventional to love more than one person. Furthermore... I don't... I don't think they have the capacity to love me as well..."

"Hey, what makes you say that?" She said sympathetically, resting a hand on your shoulder. "If it feels right, the conventional way of things shouldn't matter at all. Try saying something to them. You never know."

"I can't though! I feel like an intrusion. It would feel like I'm inserting myself into their love, and I see how much they love each other. I don't want to hurt that. Besides, two people being in love with me as well... that's nearly impossible. I'm not confident that I can be loved, let alone deserve to be loved by two people." You rambled on, tears already beading in the corners of your eyes.

"Oh... hun..." Ayaka whispered.

You needed to cry so intensely right now. Thankfully, your home was just up ahead. You needed to go. Now.

"Ayaka I'm sorry I... I need to go home. Thank you for listening to me, but I need to be alone to soothe this ache in my heart." You stammered, already struggling to hold back your tears.