NEW BEGINNING

Insane, inside the danger gets me high
Can't help myself, got secrets I can't tell

"Number 30 and 23, join number 2 and make sure to keep an eye on the players." This was announced by the front man as he left to his room and 9 of them, including Areum, got ready to meet the new players. The doors to the huge room; where areum was once a player is now again filled with many more players for this year; opened. The 9 of the soldiers stood in front of it as everyone's eyes went on them, number 2 on the centre while the 7 others and Areum kept their guns sternly in their hands. There were 456 players now, a lot more than last year. They all wore the same green outfits with their number written on it, just like how Areum once did.

Areum couldn't hear what number 2 was speaking about because the worst memories which she tried locking up came rushing back to her head

Areum couldn't hear what number 2 was speaking about because the worst memories which she tried locking up came rushing back to her head. Number 2 explained the participants about the rules of the games. Good thing her face was covered by a mask or else people might have seen her unstable state. A few people objected but were shut when they were showed a video of each of the participants playing ddakji. At last it was all set and people lined up to sign the consent form.

Areum stood quietly infront of one line guiding the forms. "Is this all?" Player 456, Seong Gi-Hun asked her but she didn't reply. Afterall she isn't allowed to. He sighed and signed the form. Soon it was announced for them to follow staffs instructions and go to the field.

Areum was now standing in the field, near the doll that will start the insanity of this place. There was number 23 at the opposite side of Areum. All the participants arrived in the field. The same confusion and worry in their faces that Areum once had. It's like the nostalgia is now coming for her again. The rules of the first game, Red light green light was announced and it started in a few moments. Areum noticed how just like last time -when she was a player- people rushed to the doors after the first death and how they ended up killing a lot more people than necessary. The game ended in 5 minutes and the last people standing in the field were killed.

Participants were brought back to the huge room again, all of them were now questioning themselves whether to play the game or not. The regiment of the pink soldiers entered again. They were informed that out of 456 players 255 were eliminated and only 201 are now safe. People started begging in front of the soldiers saying that they will pay off their debts and don't want to die in the game. Squared masked soldier reminded them that this game is giving them a chance to earn money while playing games. But it seemed people had some different ideas. They started making excuses to leave, saying how police can track their phones and all which angered number 2. He took out his gun and shot it in the air silencing everyone. The other soldiers, including Areum who was just beside Number 2 put their guns out pointing it to the people.

"Consent from cause 2, A player who refuses to play will be eliminated." The soldiers' leader reminded everyone about the rules. "Consent from cause 3, games may be terminated if majority agrees." Player number 218, Cho San Woo reminded the group of soldiers. Now it was decided by number 2 that a voting session will be held in order to figure out the conclusion. "But before it, let me announce the prize money accumulated from the first game." The golden transparent piggy bank filled up with money as all the players looked at it in awe. "25.5 billion of prize money has been registered from the first game. If you wish to give up now 25 billion will be given out to the eliminated's family, 100 million each. However, all you will return empty handed." At last he also explained how since there are 456 players so the prize amount will be 45.6 billion won.

The voting started and half way through people started arguing because most of the votes were green, which mean more people wanted to stay. The argument turned into people holding each other's collar. Areum went near the players who were fighting and pointed her gun at the them. They stopped and put their hands up, surrendering. Now the votes were 52 for green and 50 for red. The votes were last at 100 each and the last player, 001 was to decide which one is to be the majority. He pressed X.

Some people celebrated to leave the place while come were upset to leave, afterall now the 25.5 billion is going to eliminated players. Number 2 announced, "Now the game is terminated. Its a pity that we have to tell you goodbye like this. However we won't fully seal the door of opportunity to you all. If the majority of you wish to play again, we will restart the game. Goodbye, then."

Since the games are now terminated, Areum got into her car and loaded it will passed out people. She dropped everyone at there respected destination.

"Yes sir, how may I help you." She asked once she reached to the frontman who was enjoying the glass of wine in his hand. He turned to her and said, "I bet some people are still interested in coming back. Go to the card room and order the printers to print more invitation cards for the restart of games. I want it to be done by the end of this week." Areum nodded her head and went to the printing room informing the staffs there to do the same.

"Let's see who else returns.."

___________________________________

I have a lot of things planned for the end but first, we need to go through chapters like this to know what actually is going to happen! I'm really excited for the new chapters.

Thank you for reading this book! We got 1k reads! I'm so grateful to each of the readers. Just wanted to say, English is not my first or native language so some parts may have been written wrong. Bare with me >•<
Make sure to vote for this chapter.

-Author 😁