GONE

Tired of feelin' like I'm wrapped in a damn lie
Tired of feelin' like my life is a damn game

The players came in. "Congratulations to everyone. We have a small gift for every finalists." They were all given suits for the final games. They were even offered deliciously cooked meal for the last game which everyone but Sae Byeok enjoyed.

When they came into the hall Areum ran to Sae Byeok holding her wrist, Sae Byeok gave her a questioning look and Areum slowly walked her over to her bed. "So.. shall I tell them to vote for termination?" Areum sneakily asked. Sae Byeok hesitantly looked at her and softly said, "I.. I don't want to." Areum straightened herself and calmly asked, "May I know why? Because looking at the state you are in right now, you can die from blood loss even before the game starts." Sae Byeok hung her head down and slowly spoke, "I want you to win and take the money. Just take care of my brother with the money, I promised him to come back." Areum's eyes widened at the reveal, she remembered the promise she made to Jun-Ho and now she doesn't even know where he is, whether in the place or has he gone out and contacted the police. "But.. But you promised to go back, so terminate the game and go back! Your brother will obviously want you and not the money." Areum tried to advise Sae Byeok but the girl was already determined not to end the game here. "I told you.. Win the game, take the money, spend some of it for my brother! No more questions!" Sae Byeok loudly said which caused Gi-Hun and Sangwoo to look at them. Areum knew she could not convince a girl as stubborn as Sae Byeok so she just nodded and silently went to her bed.

Each of them had the knife from their meals, debating with their own selves whether to attack the player and lessen the participants or just stay at place. Gi-Hun, Sae Byeok and Areum had the same intention, to keep the knife for protection if any of them attacks but Sangwoo had different moto. He planned to kill Sae Byeok and Areum before the game could start. He thought they were both at a weak state because of their injuries from the glass.

Areum saw Gi-Hun heading towards sae Byeok and both of them started some talk, Sae Byeok also showed Gi-Hun her injury as Gi-Hun stood up and started knocking on the door for first aid but no soldiers entered the place.

A few minutes later the soldiers entered, but with a coffin. Some of them ran fast, pushing Gi-Hun aside.

Gi-Hun turned and ran towards Sae Byeok who is now dead, her throat was cut open with knife. Sangwoo had killed her.

On the other hand, Sangwoo was now on top of Areum, His knife deep inside her leg while he choked her to death. Areum kept using her other leg in kicking sangwoo while hot tears ran down her cheeks. She has been shouting for a few minutes for help but Gi-Hun hasn't heard her because he was too focused in calling the soldiers for first aid.

The soldiers separated Sangwoo from Areum as she groaned when he purposely kicked her in the wounded leg. Gi-Hun arrived near them and turned Sangwoo around before raising his knife, ready to attack but before he could do anything the soldier pushed him down and pointed his gun.

Sae Byeok was lifted and put into the coffin. Areum couldn't help but weep. She didn't expect this, she didn't expect anything at all. All this happened too fast. She just hoped that things would get better who was she kidding to? This place is hell and no one can go anything to get better.

The golden piggy bank filled up with more money and now the prize money was 45.6 billion won. The players were separated from each other.

Areum teared her bedsheet and wrapped it around the wound. while still trying, Gi-Hun gave her a helping hand in dressing it. "Do.. you know about Sae Byeok's brother?" Areum hesitantly asked and Gi-Hun nodded with no energy. He turned to Areum and asked, "How old are you?" Areum answered, "24...?" Which came out more like a question. Gi-Hun's eyes widen as he asked, "You are too young for this dear. How did you end up here and that too as a soldier...?" Areum sighed at the question and left it unanswered. "Did... You kill someone here as a soldier?" Areum turned to Gi-Hun's question and sighed before saying, "I wished I could. I would have loved to kill these ass- I mean staffs here. They have made my life a living hell." Gi-Hun got up and told Areum to take care before going back to his bed. From the looks of it, Sangwoo looks like he's fast asleep so both of them took some rest too.

Areum couldn't help think about Jun-Ho, 'Is he safe? What if he di-' Areum shook her head not wanting those negative things to enter her mind. As much as she hated admitting but she knew this was possible.

______

The front man took out the bullet from his shoulder as he gasped at the pain. "Brother... why..?" He remembered his brother, Jun-Ho's last words and gasped. He couldn't believe he had to do this to his brother for this place. He clutched his shoulder tightly while reminding himself of his brother. The more he wanted to forget about it, the more he got reminded of him.

Areum wasn't able to sleep at all, the last game, how to escape, whether she can go out of this hell or not, Her wounds, deaths of everyone she knew, no information about Jun-Ho and many more things kept teasing her throughout the night. Everything she wished for is now.. gone.

"Player 218, 456 and 457, welcome to the final game."

_________________________________

I- I don't have anything to say. Everyone died! I just hope you enjoyed. *sobbing*

- Author 🤧