SURVIVORS

I'm a survivor, I'm gonna make it
I will survive, keep on surviving.

The players were all still and petrified from the death of the previous one. Player number 2 now stood still choosing the third pair of glass. She turned back, a quick glance to people and then thinking about a possible pattern. "First it was left, the right.. " she decided to go for the left one. She jumped over to the glass but unfortunately failed as the glass broke and made her fall all the down. The soldiers in the VIP room now showcasing the same with a glass horse.

The third player was a maths teacher who calculated a probability of him winning it, which was immensely low. He stiffed a cry of help inside himself and started to make a run for it. Good enough for him, he crossed almost 3 glasses but again the 3rd one broke off making him fall. Now people started going serially all together to avoid the time limit. The 4th player forgot the correct tiles of the previous one and asked the player behind him who out of nervousness told him the wrong one and he ended up dying. Soon almost all of the people on the bridge were down for good.

"There are 11 people and 10 tiles left, if all the people before us choose one or two right tiles then we can cross it safely." Number 16, Gi-Hun calculated. "That's not the case, if they get scared and waste time then it'll be hard for us." His friend, Sangwoo said. "Look at the gangster" Areum said, still leaning on the wall while Gi-Hun, Sangwoo and sae Byeok turned to her. "I bet he will not move a step forward and waste time, causing a drama. He seems the most cowardly to me." None of them listened her and turned their back to her. Soon some people started pushing the one in front of them to cross it faster.

It was now Gi-Hun's turn to step on the glass but being so nervous, he forgot which one to start with. "The left one." Areum helped him as he looked back and then stepped on the left glass.

Soon the person in front of Deok Su died. The gangster turned back and shouted, "Yah you assholes! I'm not taking a step forward! If you want to cross it, go ahead! I won't die for you bitches to be saved!! LET'S DIE TOGETHER!"

Meanwhile in the VIP room, the cat masked man tried seducing Jun-Ho into taking his mask off but he just held the man's hand and told him to go somewhere private where he can show his face. They reall got up to leave the decorated room and to go somewhere private.

Gi-Hun has now gone 4 steps into the game and he turned back to see that Areum hasn't taken a step. He gave a questioning look but she she just smiled at him and motioned him to move on. She was trying to find a way to actually win it without any loss. She looked over to the soldier beside her and asked, "What if the majority of us disagree to play any longer? I mean I'm sure that's a cause this year too." The soldier pressed his earpiece for an answer to that from the front man and answered her, "No. You aren't going to do it. If you remind everyone about that cause we will kill only you and save the others." Areum scorns at him, they really know how to manipulate people. She surely isn't going to die here.

Deok Su now came face to face with the Han Minyeo and that wicked woman tricked him as both of them fell into the tempered glass together and fell down. A series of next people kept guessing their paths and dying while Areum still couldn't figure out, she did ask the soldier whether she can just balance on the metal bar but he denied.

The cat masked VIP and Jun-Ho are now in private as the man took out Jun-Ho's mask. He held his face on his palm and spoke, "That's not the type of face you should keep under a mask." From his voice, he sounded thirsty as hell.

The VIP took off his robe, exposing himself to Jun-Ho while he keeps a straight face, hiding his disgust in himself, "If you satisfy me in five minutes, I'll change your life

The VIP took off his robe, exposing himself to Jun-Ho while he keeps a straight face, hiding his disgust in himself, "If you satisfy me in five minutes, I'll change your life." The VIP spoke seductively. He pulled down Jun-Ho's head but before he could do anything Jun-Ho grabbed the man's groin which made him stumble down to his knees as Jun-Ho took out his gun and pointed it to the man. He took the man's mask out and spoke, "If you satisfy me in five minutes, I might let you live." He took out his phone and started recording the VIP's face and what he said before knocking him out and running out of the place.

Almost every player was over and There were just 5 of them left. Areum couldn't think of any idea so she just followed everyone eventually. Before Sangwoo, the 14th player claimed himself to be a glass maker so he identified the difference of the glass by the reflection from lights but Areum just mentally cursed that he should have kept that information to himself. After crossing two glasses safely because of the glass maker, the game masters turned off the the lights in their area which caused them to panic. "Oh come one! It's just the last step you motherfuckers!" Areum shouted to the game masters frustratedly. The glass worker couldn't recognise anything this time, he asked for an object to throw so Gi-Hun just gave his marble to him which he threw to the left glass, nothing happened. "If that glass didn't break then guess we can climb that one." Areum said. Sangwoo argued, "But the marble is really light weight, I guess the tempered glass can take that much of weight." They sighed as the glass worker started panicking. Suddenly an idea came to Areum's mind. "How about we bring those shoes and throw it on the glasses, the shoes weigh quite a lot." they looked over to the start and agreed with this but Sangwoo told, "We just have 15 seconds be fast." Areum nodded and ran back carefully to the first place to bring a pair of shoes. But seemed like Sangwoo has different plans, he pushed the glass worker off the last tile as he fell down dying. Just 6 seconds left and all of them crossed the bridge.

Areum speedily ran back to the bridge as Gi-Hun and Sae Byeok shouted for her to go faster. Everything felt like happening in slow motion. She was just two steps away when the zero striked and all the glasses started bursting, serially from the Beginning. Areum reached the end before the last glass can burst but since she was the nearest to the spot and few shards of glasses cut through her cheek bones, neck and a large piece of it got stuck on her left calf as she fell to the ground which made another glass to cut her just below the same cut on her cheek bone.

________________________________

Enjoy enjoy!

- Author 🌚