PARTNERS

Do you feel like a young God?
The two of us are just young Gods

"Number 29, who are you?"

"A female?" 29 turned and questioned. Areum tightened her gun at his head and repeated her question, "Who are you?"

29 stood up and took out his mask. He wasn't 29. He was someone else, someone Areum had never seen in the premises before.

"I fucking knew it

"I fucking knew it." She spoke to herself but he heard it. He suddenly turned her around, holding a hand by her throat while pointing his gun at her head. "What did you know?" He inquired. Without hesitating, she answered, "I knew you weren't number 29. I wasn't on good terms with him but since the last few days you didn't really care annoying me. Besides you didn't even know I was a girl, everyone else knows it. Remember that intense stare off we had?" His grip around her throat loosened as she coughed a bit. He raised his eyebrows and asked, "Number...30..?" She nodded and he asked again, "If you knew... Then why didn't you tell your boss about me?" She pushed his hands off of her and stepped forward "Because... I didn't want to. Now if you tell me about yourself I'll tell you about me. Guess we can be partners." He scoffed and said, "No. You introduce yourself first." Areum paused for a second but eventually took off her mask. He examined her face clearly before listening to her.

"I am Kang Areum. I am a soldier here but before that I was once a player, last year. But after playing here my life turned upside down and I never got the happiness I thought I would. So here I am trying to destroy the place in the name of their staffs. It's your turn now mister." He looked around, making sure no one else is watching them and took off his mask.

"Areum, that's a pretty name but it doesn't suit you. Btw I am Hwang Jun-Ho and I am a detective under violent crimes unit. I came here searching for my lost brother but I haven't found him yet." Areum rolled her eyes at his statement.

"But how did you guess he will be here?"

Jun Ho took some thing out if his pocket and showed it to Areum, "I found this card near in my brother's table. I met one of the players, Seong Gi-Hun, and he had that too."

Areum softly smiled at him, now's not the best time to smile but she was just reassuring him.

"So.. we can be partners right, Mr. Hwang Jun-Ho?" She stretched her hand out expecting him to shake it. He looked at her hand and then to her face and shook it.

"I'll help you in one condition." She suddenly ordered. He raised his eyebrows. "If we ever get a chance to show the proofs to the police, you will never include me in these incidents. Well, you can but not in bad way. I would rather appear as victim in this case than the criminal okay? Besides I haven't killed anyone here, I'm here just for revenge." He laughed lightly at her words and shook her hands again. "For now, the front man can arrive anytime soon so I want you to hide somewhere. People are searching for you too." She informed him but just like on cue the telephone in the room rang. Both of them ran out but heard footsteps coming from the door so Areum just pushed him behind the door near them and stood in the centre, holding some papers from the table.

The front man entered the room and paused a bit after seeing Areum but decided to pick the call first. He talked about the games in the call. He hanged up and turned to Areum. "What are you doing here?" He asked and she replied, "Uh you asked me for the game schedule in your table, sir. I brought it. Here." She politely handed him the schedule and he said, "Ah yes, thanks. I almost forgot about it. You can go now." With this he went out of the room with Areum following him behind.

Jun-Ho came out of the room and tried dialling the telephone to different numbers but to no avail. So he left the room and went on to search for some more.

Later all the soldiers were called out for head count. Areum waited in front of her room expecting Jun-Ho to return to his too. But he didn't. The guards checked both 28 and 29 were absent. 28 was dead so number 2 reported him missing. The front man searched for him through cameras but didn't get him.

While they were busy here, some soldiers went inside the hall of players and asked them to gathered up in the middle. They were doing a search on the players too.

Jun Ho on the other hand found a paper that contained the list of winners of every year. "Kang.. Kang Areum? 2020?" And he flipped the page only to find his brother's name written on it.

_______________________________

Ok so our Areum has finally met Mr. Jun-Ho! Do you think she will betray him to fulfill her wish? Or will he betray her? Stay tuned to find out!

I hope I'm updating in time, I try updating as much as possible. Probably twice a day and I read all the comments and y'all make me want to write even more >•<

Thank you for reading this book.

-Author😁