TRUST

Sometimes you're a stranger in my head
Don't know if you love me or you want me dead

"The fourth game starts in few minutes. Players follow the staffs instructions to the field." The cheerful voice which isn't cheerful for anyone anymore announced. The players followed the staffs into the same colorful hallways, but this time they saw something unusual.

The doctor and the soldier, number 28, the two soldiers killed at the operation theatre we're all hung up in front of the players. Everyone looked at it stunned. Even Areum herself didn't expect such an odd thing early in the morning. But what could she expect? This place itself is an unusual thing.

In this new game the players were advised to play in teams of two each. All of them got their pairs but as there were an odd number of players Han Minyeo was the last player standing. She was taken away by Areum and another soldier as she didn't have a pair and couldn't play the game. The people later figured out that instead of playing together the was to play against the person they pair up with. They had to take all the marbles from their pairs in just 30 minutes.

While the game continued, Areum excused herself and got into the secluded place where was about to meet Jun-Ho. Jun-Ho arrived but he wore a triangle mask this time which he took off.

"I think you should leave this ace as soon as possible." Areum explained.

"So that I won't get to know more about this place?" Jun-Ho questioned.

Areum scoffed and said, "Excuse me, I'm saying this for you. I heard the VIPS are arriving soon so this is the only time they won't quite search for you, take the chance and leave. Show the police all the proofs you have."

Jun-Ho thought about it for sometime and spoke, "But since they won't search for me then it'll be a good chance to actually explore the busy while everyone is busy attending the VIPs."

Areum sighed and said, "I know that too! I thought about it all night but I came with this conclusion. Your safety is first, can you guarantee that no one will find out if you stay here? Can you get out of here alive once they find out who you are?" She was getting irritated at this point.

"I can guarantee. I guarantee I will save myself as well as You." Jun-ho said sincerely but Areum didn't get any satisfaction in it. "Ok wait, I think you should think about it a bit more. It's a better option to leave now. I don't trust you." Areum huffed and puffed.

"You don't trust me but still decided to partner up with me? Do you think you can use me?" Jun-Ho asked. At this point Areum was about to burst but she contained herself in place. "How do you expect me to trust someone at a place like this?! I bet you don't fully trust me either and that's why you aren't listening to why I'm saying you to leave. I'm daring you to not get caught up in this shit."

"But-" Jun-Ho was cut off by Areum placing a hand on his mouth, shutting him. He looked shocked at her but she just made a hush action and stay quite. She came closer to his ears, whispering, "I think there's someone in this room. We should either leave one by one or stay and wait." Jun-ho felt tickles around his back but ignored it while slowly taking her hand off his mouth and whispering to her, "Let's just wait, we never know who can pop up here." Areum nodded and both of them hid behind the darkness expecting no one to see them.

Both of them soon ran out of the place to different directions once everything was clear.

The games on the other hand has ended. Some people played it fair, some betrayed their partners, some took advantage of their partners while some sacrificed themselves for their partner. This game had different ways of winning. When the players returned they saw Han Minyeo in the hall, all shocked to the revelation that she wasn't killed after everyone left her as an odd one out. She mockingly said, "Well, they said it's a beautiful rule that kids used to keep, so the weakest kid doesn't feel like an outcast. Damn."

Areum and soldiers indeed said this and this might be the first time a player heard her voice and got to know there was a female amongst the soldiers. She shocked to hear it but couldn't say anything.

The front man got a call and picked it up to talk about the VIP to his boss. After talking he was halfway out of the room when he took his gun out and spoke to no one in particular, "You have made one mistake. I always put my receiver downward." This means Jun-Ho might have kept it the other way after he used the telephone. Front man opened all the doors in his room, searching everywhere for someone peculiar but got no results. He even knew that the odd man was a cop because day before he examined the bullets. He walked out of his room and started preparing for the VIPS.

In the players room player 069, who won against his wife in the marble game commited suicide due to guilt. Areum and the same other soldier came in with the coffin and put his body inside it, taking it to the place where the bodies are burnt. No more organ harvesting is happening after the incident.

The suicide did leave an impact. People feared this, they feared the guilt grazing them after killing their partners.

__________________________________

Sorry for the late update guys. Hope this chapter is worth it.

Also I have mention a special thanks to LoUsHiT . I got a sketch of Areum from her and God damn the sketch was sooooooo good! I am grateful for the sketch and the love everyone's showing to this fanfic! I'll leave the sketch below.

Ladies and gentlemen, here we have our not so lovely KANG. AREUM. !!!!

She included all the details I mentioned about Areum and that's for sure is pure talent! 🤌🏼✨

Thank you for reading this chapter, this is an unedited one so Imma work on the mistakes tomorrow. Till then stay tuned ☺️

-Author 😁