SQUID GAME

I'm bigger than my body,
I'm colder than this home,
I'm meaner than my demons,
I'm bigger than these bones

"Player 218, 456 and 457, welcome to the last game, squid game." The pink suited soldier announced as Areum nervously looked at Sangwoo and Gi-Hun. She felt like she can't defeat that cunning mind of Sangwoo and she wouldn't want to betray Gi-Hun to win but she also doesn't want to die. In short, she just wants to live without playing the last game which seems impossible as well.

"You all will be divided into teams of two. For that, player 218 and 456 have to play a toss to decide who will be defense as well as which team player 457 will be at. If none of you accept her as a teammate then she will be eliminated." The three of them looked at each other, Sangwoo would probably not want her in his team while she doesn't know what Gi-Hun might think.

Gi-Hun chose the triangle side as they tossed which fortunately came to Gi-Hun's luck. "Offense", He chose. He looked over to Areum who kept a straight face but was internally praying heaven for him to keep her in his team. Gi-Hun shook his head which broke Areum's heart and he spoke, "Player 457 will on my team." Sangwoo rolled his eyes and shouted, "This isn't fair! They are two!" "No one ever said you to kill Sae Byeok, we could've played fair if she was here. Besides we did toss for a reason." Areum bravely answered back. Even if they are two, they know very well Sangwoo is too cunning for their liking and he can do anything to take the money just how he betrayed Ali and killed the man at the glass game and even Sae Byeok.

The players entered the same place where everything started, the field of red light, green light. "The sixth and final game will be Squid Game" was announced. They examined the board of squid game drawn perfectly on the field.

"Squid game... What an odd name.." one of the VIP who were looking at the players from the glass room spoke. "It was originally a children's game played in Korea many years ago." The front man answered him.

"Let me explain the rules of the game. One, attacker needs to go into the squid drawing, run past the defense and tap the squid's head with its foot to win. Two, the defender should push the attacker out of the drawing to win. Three, if there comes a situation where either of you cannot continue playing, the last one standing wins." Was announced but this time not in the same cheerful, female voice but in a serious, male voice. "What do you mean by 'cannot continue playing' ?" Gi-Hun asked which was answered as , "This refers to the player's death...Now let the game begin." The last thing that was announced before Areum and Gi-Hun walked to the head of the squid while Sangwoo went to the defense spot.

"I'll take care of Sangwoo, you need to walk past the defense when I'll keep him busy." Gi-Hun explained Areum but her heart didn't set right. "You.. know.. we can terminate...the game.." For the 100th time she asked for this but Gi-Hun seemed to not listen as she spoke in a low voice.

"Of all the games that the kids played, this is the most physical and violent." Frontman explained more to the VIP. "So any kind of violence is allowed?" The VIP with a horse mask asked and was answered by, "Sure there are no restrictions."

Areum took off her blazer and wrapped in around her waist and pulled the cuffs of her shirt to distract Sangwoo while Gi-Hun tied his shoes, holding a handful of sand in the process. They both stood, looking straight to Sangwoo who was equally competent. Areum took a deep breath before the game.

Gi-Hun started hopping on one leg on the left side while Areum took the right side, hopping on the uninjured leg. Both of them stood at different sides of the waist of the squid. Sangwoo decided to stop Areum first because she seemed weaker. He started pushing her and kicked her on the injured leg but she maintained her balance to not stand outside of the waist line. He shouted in frustration and pulled out his knife, putting it straight through Areum's uninjured leg. Now both her legs are done for but she maintained her balance and tried not shouting. "We've played this so often as a kid..." Gi-Hun, who has crossed the waist line to Areum's side spoke as Sangwoo turned. Areum knew his plan so she didn't try running away. Sangwoo was about to attack with the knife in his hand but Gi-Hun threw the sand in his eyes. Areum took the chance and crossed the waist line while Gi-Hun walked and stood at the side. Now both of them are free to walk in both legs. Areum fell down to the ground, not able to take the pain anymore. Areum looked at Gi-Hun who said something to Sangwoo.

It started raining. Areum looked up to the black clouds covering the sun which made the whole place darker.

"Good rain knows the best time to fall." The VIP with deer mask spoke, everyone was intensely watching the matching.

While Areum was struggling to get up and walk, Gi-Hun gave her a sign to try a get up while now he tried to face Sangwoo. "She was going to die anyway, I ended her pain quickly." Sangwoo said refering to Sae Byeok to Gi-Hun while both of them stood face to face. They both started arguing more instead of playing. Areum took the chance and tried getting up without bringing Sangwoo's attention to her.

"If it hadn't been for the girls, I would've killed you with this knife." Gi-Hun seriously stated while he held his knife tightly.

Gi-Hun jolted forward and started attacking Sangwoo while he defended himself. Areum quickly but carefully crossed the path, standing at the opposite end of the head. Sangwoo held Gi-Hun by his throat and put a huge cut across his hand as Gi-Hun's knife fell out of his hand. Before Sangwoo could do anything further, Areum turned around and swiftly swung her knife which put a cut through his cheek. He kicked her stomach harshly which made her fall to the ground and He started groaning loudly while shouting, "This is still unfair!" Gi-Hun held his knife and kicked Sangwoo's knife out of the track.

Sangwoo took out his blazer and wrapped it around Gi-Hun's hand when Gi-Hun tried attacking with the knife. Gi-Hun's knife fell down. He pushed Sangwoo off of him while Areum came and punched him across the face, purposely punching on the same cheek. Sangwoo swung his blazer forward towards Areum which made her back away and that gave him a chance to choke her while he kneed to her stomach. Gi-Hun came from behind and pulled Sangwoo off her. Sangwoo kicked her leg for the last time as she fell to the ground clutching her stomach while blood flowed out of her mouth.

Sangwoo pushed his thumbs into Gi-Hun's eyes while he cried out of pain. Gi-Hun was just near the border line but before he could cross it Areum hastily pulled Sangwoo by his collar which caused him to push Gi-Hun to the side. She knocked her head to him as he groaned when he blood poured out his mouth.

He looked at Areum who smiled like a madman to him while blood was covered all over her mouth, dropping to the floor. "You bastard!" He said and threw his blazer to Areum who lost control from the hard hit and Sangwoo lunged forward, Punching her across the face making more blood come out her mouth while she tried defending. He pushed her down which caused her head to hit the ground as she started seeing black spots.

Gihun pulled Sangwoo out and both of them started having an intense fight. Both of them were groaning from the punches each other threw. Areum tried standing up and ended up falling again because her head was still not stable. The two men fought mercilessly with each other and ended up on the ground. Sangwoo took a blazer and tried choking Gi-Hun with it.

Areum's eyes started getting normal as she saw the scene in front of her. She stood up, though she wobbled and almost fell down again. She ran towards them and kicked Sangwoo's face which almost broke his neck. He howled and stood up, this time pushing her almost out of the track while choking her. Gi-Hun on the other side was huffing and puffing for air.

Sangwoo kept choking her while she fought back but to no good results. She would cross the line if she moved another inch forward. That's when things got worse. Her vision started getting blurry as her mind felt heavy. Her eyes where shutting down but she forced it open. "No.. no...no no no...no!" She kept chanting as if that could keep her awake. Sangwoo tightened the blazer more around her neck and started standing up which caused Areum to raise but only by neck, putting all the pressure there.

"This shouldn't end like this!" Areum thought to herself but it was too late, she felt a huge throw across her face as she passed out.

______________________________

What an intense chapter! What do you think, did Areum die? I mean she could have died, I don't even know what's going to happen.

Stay tuned for the next few chapters! (Something good is on its way so don't miss the coming chapter!)

-Author 🦑