SPECIAL GAME

You thought you could go free
But the system is done for

The previous game resulted in 79 out of 187 being eliminated. The soldiers soon formed lines distributing the snacks for the day which was an egg and a bottle of soju. Areum was distributing the same for one of the lines when player 101, Jang Deok Su asked "Is this all?" Areum didn't reply and noted how he made a weird face and left with the food. A few minutes passed and she noticed his group of 5 now joined the other line taking extra food, so she looked over to number 2 who just shook his head.

Soon all the food was over with 5 of them still with no food. They complained how they didn't get any food as number 2 explained them that they bought exactly 108 eggs and soju bottles. A woman from the far left corner stood up and pointed out how player 101 and his troop has taken extra food. A male standing without the food ran towards Jang Deok Su and asked him to return his food but he just mocked the poor man by drinking all the alcohol from the bottle. The man took the bottle from 101's hand and threw it to the ground. Out of anger, Deok Su started beating him up continuously which at last resulted in the man dying.

"What are you doing?! A man has just died! We shouldn't be killing each other like this!" Seong Gi-Hun cried but no one really stepped forward to agree with him. Everyone noticed how with one less player, the cash prize increased as well. A pair of soldiers brought a coffin out with the same pink ribbons wrapped around it and carried the body out of the room.

Number 29 has now changed his mask from circle to a square one. Ordering around people while still no one's aware of his real identity.

On another side, Player 111, a doctor, is given information of each game beforehand, and is working with a handful of staff to harvest organs from the dead players. The organs were taken out in order to sell them to the VIPs. No one except for the few staffs and player 111 know about it.

So many secrets, but not a lot of people are aware of it. Not Areum, not the front man, not even the boss of the place. As much as they want the system to be fair and equal, it can't happen if the residents aren't willing for it.

In 30 minutes it was to be lights out. The staffs were informed that in 30 minutes the special game will start. The game which no one ever had an idea about, neither did Areum. She just got to know that all the exact amount of food was given on purpose to start a riot among the players. She ran to her spot and while running she bumped to a square masked soldier, hard. They both fell down and she hurriedly got up and helped him up thinking he was number 2 while silently apologising by bowing several times. "It's okay." Was all he said but Areum didn't mind and ran to the elevator. Soon the same square masked guy came and stood in the centre of their group. Now it was announced that only 30 seconds is left for lights-out. The soldiers went out of the elevator and waited just behind the entrance door to the hall.

After the countdown was over and lights went out, just like on cue the special game began. Deok Su got out of his bed and started killing some people and to spice things up the front man decided to flicker the lights on and off. Shouts and cries were so loud that echoed throughout the hall and all soldiers heard it. Areum noticed how Number 2 beside her was now looking around as if he is figuring out what was happening but decided to stay quite.

Exactly after 10 minutes of the chaos the lights came in and the door opened as all the soldiers walked inside. Number 2 hesitated at first but soon started walking, almost unnoticed. Areum took her gun out and pointed it to Jang Deok Su and his team. Another soldier joined her in pointing the guns at his troop. She looked around and spotted Number 2 near player 456, it was as if they were talking but she couldn't care less. The killed players were carried out and their money was added to the piggy bank.

The soldiers completed the head count and entered their rooms but Areum stayed back to see what's wrong with number 29 only for him to halt and check on her too. They both had an intense stare off for 3 seconds before he broke off and entered his room. Areum entered hers. Areum saw a change in number 29 which she thought was quite unusual because he didn't seem like the type of guy who would stop creating nuisance for her. But she couldn't complain, she was happy that he stopped and didn't creat trouble for her.

__________________________________

This one's a relatively small chapter but I enjoyed writing it so I hope you enjoy it too! Stay tuned for more and make sure to vote for this one.

-author 😁