Jesse Putnam? Demons?

A/N: I decided to skip the sleep demon episode because I didn't really like that episode so I'm just gonna start from the next episode and hopefully you guys don't yell at me. Also, let's be honest, it doesn't really affect that much of the story later on. 

-

Sabrina and I were at Ms Wardwell's house since we saw her in our dreams with Badibat. "Can I get you something?" She asked going to go give us almond cookies. "You can give us some answers," I stated impatiently and sat down with Sabrina. "Yes, of course," I sat up straight wanting to just have her confess. "You asked me what I am, but you know. I believe you've known for a while now." She said as I gave her a look like I knew what she was. "You're a witch," I stated. "Yes," "All this time," "You've been lying to us?" We asked angrily. 

"Protecting you two. Trying too," She corrected sitting down. "Watching you two from afar," "Woah, what? Watching us?" "How?" Sabrina finished my questions. She hesitated, "I used a scrying spell, on your mirrors," She said simply. My expression changed into a very angry one, "You've been spying on us? And your family?" "Why?" I finished Sabrina's questions. She was about to answer but I put my hand up to silence her, "No. I think it's better if you answer these in front of the Church of Night, and the High Priest for that matter," I said grabbing Sabrina's hand as we started out the door. "Girls, please! It was Edward who asked me to look after you two," She said. 

I froze at the mention of our father's name, "What?" I asked confused. "What do you know about our father?" Sabrina asked mirroring my confused expression as we both turned around. "I...I was his acolyte. His student, and then..." She said with small tears in her eyes. Where was this going? Do I even want to know? "His secretary." She continued. "When he was High Priest of the Church of Night?" Sabrina asked, practically reading my mind. "Yes," "What does that have to do with you spying on us and our family?" I asked annoyed. 

She stopped and then asked us to sit down again, "I, well, I sought him out. I had been excommunicated from my own coven. The Church of Shadows in New Hampshire," She explained. I frankly didn't care, I just wanted to know why she was spying on us. "I have fallen in love with a mortal, you see. I was engaged to be married," She chuckled, I felt a bit bad for her about that but my curiosity took over. "I was foolish, obviously. But, there I was...a witch without a coven. No one to understand my situation, no one except-" "Our father," We said in unison. She nodded and got up trying to explain some more, "I showed up on his doorstep, eager to apprentice with him," She continued. 

"Edward Spellman, who wanted to reform the Church of Night, change its laws; so witches and mortals could live together in harmony and marry without any stigma." She laughed a bit. "He and your mother were to be the pioneers and examples," "But then they died," I shook my head confused. "Their plane crashed," Sabrina continued for me, mirroring my actions. " What does this have to do with you spying on us?" I asked, genuinely confused now. She quickly sat down, "Before that ill-fated trip, Edward charged me with keeping an eye on you two, his only daughters. His prized pupils even," She smiled. 

"Is that why you were encouraging us to transfer?" "Because you knew all along," I continued for Sabrina. "Precisely," She confirmed. "I don't understand," I said as she looked at me. "I mean, if our aunts were taking care of us why would our father ask you to do the same?" I asked a bit suspicious of her story. "He was overly cautious. Especially when it came to his only children," She explained hesitantly. "I was to be invisible, but the semi-present circle of protection around you two," "Why would you agree to that?" Sabrina asked, partially cutting her off. She looked down and up at us again, "I had fallen in love with him, you see," I scoffed and got up, as did Sabrina. 

"Forgive me, girls," "You are just like him, Miss Wardwell," Sabrina commented. "Keeping secrets, manipulating us." "Consider your obligation to the Spellman family, done." I spat the last sentence at her as we headed for the door. "From now on, stay away from us," Sabrina added as we left her house. "I can't believe it," Sabrina commented as we left her house and started over to ours. "I can't either. I mean, why couldn't she just tell us? What would be the harm?" I said again as she agreed.