Chapter 3

Arzad's pov:

I fell on the bed without changing my clothes. My head was floating, I was in a completely relaxed state as I looked up at the ceiling, thinking about what I had done in the past few hour. I fell asleep replaying all the moments in my head.

-----------------

The desert wind fell scorching against my skin, as if little sand particles wanted to pierce through me. I could see a strong storm rising from the horizon. I looked around, instinctively. The woman was sitting on the sand just like the other day. 

"What are you doing here?" I asked loudly, taking many steps in her direction, but it still looked like I haven't moved an inch towards her. My lips pursed as I got frustrated with each passing second. 

The storm was approaching quickly "Answer me!" I shouted not sure if she heard me the first time, taking steps towards her again.

I watched the sand storm approaching her, but it felt like she even couldn't feel it, whereas it was getting difficult for me to keep my eyes open even from the distance I was on. 

She finally looked up from her lap, storm surrounding her wasn't holding my attention any longer, it was all on her. Her pretty eyes were filled with tears, I watched as a tear fell down, absorbing in the veil she had on, loosely covering her face along with her head. 

I felt as if she opened her mouth to say something.

My eyes opened as I shot up in bed. I was drenched in sweat, and my heart was beating on fast pace. I placed a hand on it, feeling it clenching, making it more and more difficult to breathe as it happened in the dream seeing her tears. 

My head was hurting as I cleaned the sweat on my forehead, trying to relax myself. "It was just a dream" I assured myself, getting up from the bed. I needed a shower, I thought watching my sweat drenched shirt. 

After taking a shower, I went to bed again, Only 15 minutes were left in the morning prayer. I closed my eyes forcefully, I had started skipping prayers after the 2nd day of coming here, but after last night, I definitely didn't felt worthy of standing in front of my creator. 

-----------------

I went for classes on time, we got paired for an assignment in the English literature class. I was paired with Aine, an Irish girl girl with fiery red hair. We talked a bit about the assignment after class. She was a nice outgoing girl, I noticed with the time we spent together. We agreed on meeting in the library after our classes tomorrow. 

"Goodbye" She said placing a peck on my cheek as I gave her my class notes to go through. She moved back and went towards her class giving me a smile. I stood there, watching her go away. My mind was quiet, almost numb. I shook my head heading towards the next class. 

After classes, I went to our place directly. I found Rafid in the living room. He had a mug of coffee in his hand, from the look of it he had just woken up.

"You missed a great night, man! The girl you left, she was true fire. We moved to Hamdan's place with the girls after spending good hours in the club. The real party was there, ahhh!" He let out a happy sigh, tilting his head back with closed eyes as if remembering those blissful moments from last night.

"Order something, I haven't eaten lunch yet" I told him, walking towards the bedroom. I had barely placed my bag on the table, when my phone rang in my pocket. 

I pulled it out, a smile touched my lips after hours seeing that the call was from ummi. 

"Mrhaba ummi" I greeted her, sitting on the bed. 

"Marhaba! How are you?" She asked several questions about how I was etc.

"How is Rafid?"She asked me after a while. 

"His usual cheery self" I replied, smiling automatically. Sometimes, I wished my life was that easy, that I could just party my way through days without feeling all the pressure or responsibilities. 

"My son! always remember this. Doesn't matter what are company is or where we are living. We are responsible for our own deeds, you can never blame others for influencing you, because you will be the one allowing it."Ummi said reminding me things indirectly. A sad smile touched my lips.

"I already got influenced, ummi, inspite of your teachings"I thought to myself, but didn't utter a word as sadness surrounded my heart. 

"Azlan is here! he wants to talk to you"My mother informed with a bright smile. I was the only child of my mother, but Azlan was also brought up by my mother. His mother was the 4th wife of my father, she died during his birth. 

"Marhaba akhi!" He said in his newly raspy tone. His voice had changed in the last few months, getting heavier, shedding the innocence his childish voice had. 

"I talked to him for long minutes. He was the closest to me from all my siblings. I loved them all, but the attachment we shared was because of ummi. My other siblings spent more time under the thumbs of their mothers. 

Once, I said goodbye to him, I went to freshen up. By the time I got out, food had already arrived. 
We ate lunch and then headed towards the golf court for some physical activity. We spent hours there just relaxing and engaging with people.

Rafid also came home with me after dinner, deciding to have an early night.

______________

Boht khudgarz hun mein, Kamzor lamhon me
Apny skoon k lie kisi r ka dard bhi maang leta hun me....

_______________
Assalamu Alaikum readers! Heres the update❤️

Note: the updating schedule of this story would be with the gap of one day mostly. The next update is scheduled on wednesday❤️