Chapter 5

Arzad's pov:
I was feeling at peace as I got ready and left for university. I had just left the first class when I got the message from Rafid. He again wasn't in the mood for attending classes. He was asking me, if I also wanted to return to the apartment with him. I denied him and then went to my second class.

I took a seat in 3rd row in my english class and started waiting for the professor to come. I looked around seeing most of the students engaged in talking with one another. It seemed like most of the groups were already formed.

A small part of me hoped that I also had friends, maybe a best friend whom I could share everything with me. A sad smile appeared on my face as I shook my head. It wasn't for me.

I was pulled out of my thoughts when Aine placed her bag on the seat beside mine. "Hey! Can I sit here?" She asked dressed in jeans shorts and pink top.

"Sure" I nodded looking away. She was pulling her things out when her hand touched my arm accidently.

I got up, making her stop in her movement. I pulled my chair a bit away and then sat down again while giving her a small smile.

She frowned at me, definitely not understanding what happened to me. "Is everything okay?" She asked looking confused.

"Yeah,Its just... I am a muslim, we have a certain way of living..... It includes not touching the women we are not related to" I tried to explain the best I could.

"Oh okay! I understand. I will be careful from now on" she said giving me an awkward smile, even though she looked more confused now. I can already see her not coming in 50 meters radius of mine again.

After classes, I went to eat and then headed towards our place. I found Rafid sleeping on the sofa.

I headed towards my room quietly, not wanting to disturb me. After freshening up and offering my prayer, I was folding my mat, when I heard Rafid's phone ringing in the living room.

"Marhaba ummi" I heard his sleepy voice. I could hear the shuffling as he got up as the door of my room wasn't completely closed.

"Ummi, I am fine...... I feel asleep after coming from the classes.... Yeah ummi..... He hasn't changed much, I would also like to see, for how long the crown prince keeps his perfect appearance intact, he has slipped a bit already, but I want to see it all. I want dad to see that he is just like all the other boys of the family, nothing special as he thinks of him to be,huhh!" Rafid continued, I closed the door and sat on the bed. He was walking now, definitely not aware that I had returned from the campus.

I switched the lights off and laid on the bed. It hurt, from the young generation, I actually considered him a friend, he was the son of my younger uncle, there was no competition between us, even if I wouldn't be the crown prince, the title would be of my brothers.

But it seemed like, competition wasn't required to hold grudges against someone.

The reality of another close one opened on me that day. I went outside in the evening, Rafid was all ready to head out.

"When did you return?" he asked frowning.

"A while ago. " I said picking a bottle of water.
"Let's head out for dinner, I am meeting a friend afterwards, we can see if we can find a friend for you too." He winked at me, it was clear that the friend was a she.

"Okay. I am coming home after dinner, I had some work to do" I informed him as I headed towards my room to get my things.

We left the apartment together, after dinner, I returned to the apartment.
I offered my prayer, then got ready for bed. After going through some papers, I was done for the day.

I laid down after dimming the lights. The hurt I had numbed right after getting out of the bed was back again. I rubbed the middle of my chest with the thumb, trying to ease the pain.

I fell asleep praying to Allah to ease my pain.
__________________

I was standing in the desert, the wind was soothing as it blown past me.
I looked down and found my bare feet on the sand as my thobe moved a little with the wind.

I looked around instinctively, feeling another presence there. It was the same woman. I took a few steps in her direction, and to my shock, I actually felt the distance lessening.

I was only a few steps away when my moving steps again became useless in lessening the distance between us.

I was going to speak, when I saw her raising her head and looking directly at me. For the first time, her eyes weren't glassed with tears. I could see the stark colours in them.

I sat down, just wanting to live those colors, it was peaceful for me, as if the pain I had been feeling was slowly lessening as I kept looking at her.

"Who are you?" I asked my ever repeated question. In return, I felt as if she smiled behind the veil.

I woke with a rapidly beating heart, but the pain and the sweat was there this time. It felt as if the heart was beating from the nearness of someone.

I closed my eyes and remembered the dream, it was the first time, that woman brought peace for me. The pain I slept to, the pain I couldn't seem to shed even in my dream wasn't there anymore.

The blurred lines between dreams and reality were scaring me a bit too. Even in my dream, I could remember seeing her before, my every move felt conscious. It was difficult to understand, what to make out of it.
_______________

Shaed me aziat pasand hota ja rha hun
Jhooti umeedon, khaak lafzon k sath.....

______________
Assalamu Alaikum readers! Heres the update❤️