I.V

I wonder how we ended up in this situation. I just remembered thinking about how I was given the idea that anyone from his family should be hated while growing up. That they bring bad luck but really, it's just all bad blood.

I always see him at parties and other social events. Before we even had the chance to speak to each other, parang nagtatapunan na kami ng masamang tingin. Or were we just curious about each other back then?

Then I saw him again in college. I was friends with Esme. Esme is friends with Gio and Gio is friends with Steve and him. The rest was history and then here we are, on the same bed, under the same sheets.

I know I shouldn't peek but when I saw his phone lit up, I glimpsed at it.

Laura: Hi Matt! Are you free tomorrow? Want to grab some dinner together?

It's normal to feel this way. I told myself.

We were honest that we are exclusively fucking each other. And it has been a long time since we started this kaya siguro naninibago ako. He's not mine but I'm also not sharing his time with anyone.

I got so used to his presence which was why when he didn't show up for even just a week, nanibago agad ako.

He probably won't verbally say it but I got the message nang hindi niya ako pinapansin. But I don't want to be that kind of girl. I at least deserve some notice. I get the hints but I still want the confirmation. That's the least he could do and all I would be asking.

Matteo is sleeping so soundly in my bed. He always does. Minsan nga nagtataka ako kung ako ba talaga ang nakatira dito dahil bakit mas madali pa siyang nakakatulog. Me, on the other hand, is having trouble sleeping.

So instead, I played some jazz music with my phone. I used a headset so I wouldn't disturb Matteo's sleep. I'm also terrified with him catching me listening to some jazz alone. He'll tease me non-stop... or not. I don't know. He has been acting differently lately.

Then I started to pack all his things. I thought it wouldn't take so much time but apparently, he brought a lot of his clothes and stuff here. He even has a lotion and perfume in the corner of one of the closet spaces. Ang tamad kasi ng taong ito. Minsan, dito na naliligo kahit na ang lapit-lapit lang ng unit niya. It was folded so neatly so I tried to pack his things neatly as well. I think he also has a shaver in the bathroom, and a toothbrush, too. I never notice because his stuff has always been there. But now that I think about it, I think I deserve more than a silent treatment. 

He hasn't said anything but I need to ask him the question.

"Good morning," he said the moment he opened his eyes.

I was already awake minutes before Matteo woke up pero hindi muna ako bumangon. I was just... staring at him. I don't know. I always hated his face but this morning, he looked so peaceful. Baka dahil tulog siya kaya ganoon.

"Why are you staring at me like that?"

"I need to ask you something," diretsong tanong ko. We're both busy. This shouldn't take so much time. He raised his eyebrows, asking me what is it about. "Are you dating someone?"

I just had to ask him that. This can't wait later or whenever because this has been on my mind for days already at hindi pwedeng magtataka lang ako sa mga susunod na araw. I can't sleep around with a taken man. I'm not that trashy.

"What? I'm not."

I'm really itching to ask him the details. On why is that Laura still texting him. If she's the reason why he didn't show up for a week.

But he would think I'm jealous and I'm not. I just don't want to get involved if he's dating someone. So, I'll just trust his answer.

"Are you sure?" I asked one last time. "Because all your things are packed in a box. No hard feelings Matteo but if you are dating someone, please leave and bring your stuff with you. We both know better."

He didn't answer me and just stared at me with his eyebrows furrowed, looking all confused. He sighed and looked at his things packed in a box just outside my walk-in closet, beside the door of the room.

"I'm not dating anyone, Love." he says again and I just nodded. Noticing that he's calling me by that again.

"Please tell me if you are." I wouldn't want to be a side chick. I'm better than that." Matteo is a good guy even when he's not the best catch and I trust him that he wouldn't let me make a fool of myself.

There was a short pause before he answered, "I will."

Then proceeds to put back all his things back to the empty spaces in my closet. Just back to where it was placed before.