II.VI

After the great out-of-the-country sex we had, the weather just got worse. I was too distracted to notice the storm pero takot na nga akong tumingin sa langit, scared to see a view of the lightning.

I returned to Matteo's bedroom because I thought he's already preparing for that business dinner he was talking about. Instead, he's just lying in bed, calling someone from his phone- still naked underneath the sheets.

It's already 4, he should be getting ready. Whatever his position is, he should not take other employees' time for granted.

"Okay, okay. This is all noted. See you at our next meeting then." I was ready to tell him the speech when he raised his left hand. "I know what you're going to say. The meeting is canceled but everything's okay."

"What do you think I was going to say?" I asked while he taps the space beside his bed, signaling me to lie down as well. He made his king-size bed look so inviting, with the white blanket covering only half of this body. Half of it for my eyes to explore.

"The look on your face already says a lot and I know you're about to say a lot."

I ignored his nagging before I can even do my own nagging. This guy just knows me too well.

"Do you want to order?" He opened an app for delivery. Agad na lumapit ako to see the menu because I'm starving as hell and I don't think one of us has any plan to do some cooking in the kitchen. We're way too relaxed on the bed right now. "Or am I still in charge?" He smirks at me, halatang nang-iinis na naman. An hour couldn't just pass without Matteo pestering me like some annoying boy.

"Don't annoy the hungry, Matteo." I ignored him and scrolled the menu but a lot of the names are unfamiliar to me. "Fine. You do the ordering. Siguraduhin mo lang na magugustuhan ko." I gave up. He's way more knowledgeable with food anyway.

"Okay," agad na payag naman nito. I closed my eyes again. Trying to take a quick nap, the weather is just so perfect to stay indoors. "In the mood for rice?" he asked.

I nodded. "I want something heavy. I'm really hungry."

"Poor-" I slightly raised my head so I can glare at him before he can tease me. "Take your nap. I'll wake you up when food is here."

***

"You ordered this much?!"

All the food are already on the table when he woke me up and when I reached the dining area, sinalubong ako ng... well, it looks like a buffet. I think there are eight dishes on the table probably good for ten people. He definitely ordered too much!

"Gutom na din ako. We didn't even eat breakfast and lunch." He said while placing the plates.

I sat on the chair in front of him. "This all looks delicious but definitely too much." Nanunuyo na ang lalamunan ko sa gutom. It's a miracle somehow that I did not gain a significant amount of weight when I'm friends with Matteo, a big foodie.

"Try this," he placed "some Nasi Goreng and of course, spring rolls. Fish curry, chicken ghee dosai, yes. You'll like that."

Hinayaan ko lang siyang lagyan ng pagkain ang plato ko, food after food. When he stopped doing that, I started to eat. The first bite was so heavenly. That moment, I really thought kaya naming ubusin lahat ng ito. I was that hungry.

"Is your business okay here?" I can't help but ask. Lagi kasi siyang lumilipad dito. We usually don't update each other regarding work but I can't help but wonder if their business is doing fine. "Hindi pa naman siguro kayo maghihirap in the next five years diba?" I added, trying to get some idea.

He just laughed at me but it was a different laugh. Something's off, I just know it. Should I ask him that or should I just... I don't know.

"Don't worry. The business is doing great here. No problem at all."

"Then why do you keep on flying here in Malaysia if you can take care of it in the Philippines?" I blurted out before I could even stop myself, sounding like a pompous bitch. I am an employee of someone else's firm. I'm not part of the directors or the board of the company I work in. Still, I am from the family of one of the biggest construction firms in the country. I'm not completely clueless when it comes to the corporate world.

"Ignore that. That was bitchy of me. I was stepping over the line. Just... don't mind my question." Hindi ko dapat tinatanong iyon. That was stupid, I just realized. I sighed, totally not wanting to ruin the weekend. "I just hope everything's fine. Hindi lang kasi ako sanay. I was just curious, that's all."

"Hindi din ako sanay." He was holding his fork, just lightly poking at the chicken dish on his plate. "Everything's fine but there were just major changes... Now that my father is planning his resignation."

Oh. That's why.

"I see," I totally get it now. I slowly nodded my head suddenly losing appetite. "So... you're moving here."