fourteen

// this is a bit different than usual but I hope you like it, comments and votes are appreciated 🤍 very dialogue heavy in some places, my apologies. also putting a content warning here because there is cursing towards the end.

-

"Do I have to go?" Louis sighed and sat down on the bed.

"You do, you missed last years," Harry placed Louis' back pack on the bed and zipped it for him.

"And they did fine without me."

Harry sighed and moved his mates bag so he could sit with him. "What's wrong?"

"Just feeling indifferent about going," Louis hugged a pillow to his chest.

"That's understandable, and I think I know why." He turned and looked to Louis.

"Yeah?" Louis looked over at him.

"You still don't trust me."

Louis frowned and looked down. It was true, while he felt like he and Harry had a break through, this would be the first time he would be away since telling him how he felt. Even if he knew there was a high chance that Harry wouldn't bring anyone home,  he still couldn't shake the what if feeling.

"That's one of the reasons," Louis nodded.

"What's the other reason?" Harry asked.

"What if I'm not any good at this? What if they don't like me?" Louis squeezed the pillow he was holding tighter.

"Louis, you'll be fine. If I didn't think you could handle it I wouldn't have told you about it."

Louis tossed the pillow at Harry, "Well that's reassuring."

Harry caught the pillow and tossed it back up on the bed, "I didn't mean it like that. I thought you might enjoy it because you like helping the other omegas in the pack. And you are pack omega after all."

once a year the packs omegas went on a hike around the territory. during their trip they had to be on the look out for any rogue omegas. it wasn't often that omegas left their packs, but if they did it was dangerous for them to be wandering without any protection. Harry's mother was the one who started the tradition of looking for lost omegas. she would lead a group close to territory lines and if they came across lost omegas, she took them in. by doing this she helped them find their way in a new pack or integrated them into their own pack. now that harry had a mate, he was hoping that Louis would want to continue it.

"I know.." Louis said as he laid back, "It's my first time so I guess I'm just a little nervous."

"Don't be, this kind of stuff comes natural to you. I've noticed."

Louis turned and looked at Harry with a soft smile. "Is it time to go?"

Harry nodded and stood, grabbing Louis' bag and then helping him up off the bed. The two drove to the meeting spot where a few other pack members were already beginning to gather.

"Ready for this?" Harry asked as he started to get out of the car.

"Ready as I'll ever be," Louis said as he got out of the car.

When others seen who had arrived, they started to gather around the pack leader. Harry stood tall before speaking to those around him and Louis.

"Trust Louis, he knows what to do and I have faith that this will be a good trip." Harry placed his arm around Louis' shoulder and pulled him closer. The others stepped aside to all say their goodbyes for the night.

Harry kept his arm around Louis as they moved away from the rest of the crowd, "I think once you get out there you'll be alright."

Louis leaned into Harry's embrace. "You'll be here waiting for me when we get back?"