four

"You know, you can really be a little bitch sometimes."

Harry says as he finally joins Louis in bed. The omega had already been laying down since he had gotten out of the bath. He was both mentally and physically exhausted and just wanted to rest, but Harry's words burned all through him. Louis turned to look at Harry, a scowl on his face as he said.

"You know you can really be such an asshole."

He huffed and sat up in bed.

"I do everything for you. Cooking, cleaning, chores and I never even get a simple thank you. I would do anything for you, and yet you still treat me like this. All I want to do is help, but you continue to put me down."

It was Harry's turn to look at Louis. He rolled over, his brows furrowed and mouth turned down in a frown. He was clearly unhappy with his back talking omega. Louis didn't care though, he was tired of being mistreated by Harry.

"Omega, I think you need to watch your tone. You and I both know that things could be a lot worse around here."

Louis couldn't help but laugh at Harry's words. He really must be off in his own little world if he didn't realize just how bad things were.

"You must really be blind then, Harry. So blind that you don't realize how much you hurt me everyday."

The omega shook his head, bringing his pillow into his arms. He got out of bed and walked towards the door. Before he left he turned and looked at Harry wanting to say one more thing before he left the room.

"I do know things could be worse, but you need to think about how you treat me. If you care even an ounce about me, you need to think about what you put me through."

With that, he left the room. He didn't even say goodnight to the alpha. He was done, he didn't want to listen to Harry's bullshit anymore tonight. He wanted the alpha to see that he was serious this time. He was serious when he said that he was hurting and that he didn't want to hurt anymore.

He laid down on the couch and pulled the throw blanket over himself. Louis let out a long sigh and nuzzled down into the couch. He knew he was in for a long night of no sleep.

-

Harry watched as Louis walked out of their room. He didn't think that Louis had it in him to walk away. When the omega was out of sight, Harry flopped back in bed. Louis didn't mean what he said, did he? Harry thought that Louis didn't care about what he did. Which is why he kept doing them. He glared up at the ceiling, lost in his thoughts of mostly frustration. Harry had never thought this hard about their relationship before.

Harry had never really seen a healthy example of a relationship. His parents were similar to the one he was in. His father was also unloyal to his mother. As far back as he could remember, he could recall his father being with multiple different omegas. He only did it because he was the pack leader, and he knew that no one would say anything to him. His mother always turned a blind eye to the cheating. Because of her status, she couldn't say anything. If she did, she would've lost everything. Harry remembered not wanting to be anything like his father when he took over the pack. Yet here he was doing the same things he did.

Harry didn't think having a mate would be this complicated. He thought it would be a breeze and that since it was just a union of two packs, he'd never get anything out of it. Here louis was though, a boy unlike any other omegas. Full of fire, passion, and a whole lot of heart. Louis shouldn't have to hurt or care this much about Harry. Harry didn't deserve to have someone like Louis in his life. He would never understand why Louis has decided to stick around this long. He had put him through so much, but yet, here they are.

The alpha rolled over, groaning into his pillow. Since he and Louis mated, Harry couldn't really recall a time where they slept apart. No matter what, the two always shared a bed. He didn't think that it would bother him this much, but it did. Seeing how mad Louis was when he left, Harry didn't dare go down to ask him to come back. He knew that would just make him even more upset. So Harry laid in bed, tossing and turning as he thought about the little omega downstairs.

// I'm sorry for another short one!! I've been rather busy, and this is a bit different but I kind of like it!! I'm also already working on another update, and I'm hoping to get another one out tomorrow 🤍 //