fifteen

// I hope you enjoy it, please vote and comment if you liked this chapter

After getting the breakfast he was promised, Louis went upstairs and started a bath. Harry was following close by, and Louis spotted him outside the still open bathroom door.

"What do you think you're doing?" Louis asked looking at Harry who was starting to take a seat in the hall.

"I thought you were going to tell me about the trip?"

"Not while I'm naked in the bath."

"I've seen you naked before," Harry said while smirking.

"Yes, but you still don't have the privilege of seeing me like that again so shoo." Louis started to close the door but Harry stopped him.

"What if I sat out of the way, where I couldn't see. I want to keep you company."

Louis thought for a moment before letting go of the door. "Fine, but no peeking."

He made sure Harry was sitting on the floor away from the door frame and then checked to ensure he couldn't see anything. When he was sure it was okay, he returned to his bath, undressed, and got in. He sighed softly and waited for Harry to speak up.

"How was the trip?" Harry asked softly.

Louis sunk into the bubbles, frowning a bit. He forgot he had agreed to talk about the omegas trip.

"It was alright I guess."

Harry hummed, "were the others welcoming?"

"They were nice.." Louis trailed off, sinking more into the tub.

"But?"

"I guess I still feel a little out of place. Like I'm not who I say I am. So much has happened and I don't want to let anyone down." Louis admitted.

"Who says you're letting anyone down?" Harry asked

Louis shrugged even though Harry couldn't see it. "I just feel like a fraud because our life isn't what people think it is."

"That's our business though, they don't have to know everything," Harry says, sounding a bit annoyed.

"But it's our job to set an example for the pack."

Harry sighed, but Louis knew that he was right.

Louis leaned his head against the side of the tub, "when I first met you I thought we could make it work." he paused before continuing, "It's a lot harder than I thought it would be."

"I haven't made it easy"

"You've got that right, you put me through things I never thought I would have to go through."

There was a pause between both before Harry continued, "I want to be better for you, you deserve more than what I've given you. I don't know if I'll ever be able to repair what I've done to you, but I'd like to try."

"We've already talked about this-" Louis was going to cut in but was stopped by Harry.

"We have, but I'm telling it to you again. I feel like the first time we settled things, I didn't put in any real emotion. I was scared and didn't want to lose you, even if we had already been distanced."

Louis stood from the tub and wrapped himself in his towel. "You were scared? Imagine how scared I was. The scared you were feeling was nothing compared to what I have felt." He walked out of the bathroom, going past Harry and making his way into their room.

Harry stayed seated on the floor, watching Louis trek into their room. Louis was right, Harry's actions toward his omega were nothing short of unacceptable. He was lucky he was still sitting here with him, the omega should've left a long time ago. Harry couldn't help but think back to the moment he and Louis first met. He was 19 and Louis had recently turned 18. Their mating had been arranged by their parents with the intention of bringing their packs together. They would merge and Harry's father would let Harry take over as head of the pack.

At the time Harry thought that he could grow to love Louis. The omega was quiet when they met but Harry could see he was more than that. He just never would have expected the pressure of leading at a young age. The pressure of not only tending to his omega but attending to the people who now looked to him as a leader. It wasn't a good enough excuse though, he had turned into someone he didn't recognize. Someone who he was disappointed in.

He snapped from his thoughts and rose from his spot on the floor. Harry made his way into the bedroom where Louis was already dressed and laying in bed. "You're right," the alpha said as he sat on the edge of the bed.

Louis turned and looked at Harry.

"I'm trying to make things right. None of this has been fair to you. I've only ever thought of myself and not of us. Even in my words I've only thought of how this would make me look and how to just smooth things over. But I don't want to make things smoothed over, I want us to work. I want us to be mates," Harry placed his hand on Louis' leg, looking down at him.

Louis swallowed and nodded his head. Feeling a whirlwind of emotions from this Harry. "Words are just words. If we're really going to do this I want to see real effort from you. I want communication, I want you on the good and the bad days. No more running when things get complicated."

Harry nodded, "I want that too."

The omega leaned forward and pressed a quick kiss to the alphas cheek. "Stay with me tonight?"

The alpha didn't know what to think. This was probably the best they had been in some time. He was never good with expressing or sharing emotion, but that looked like that was about to change. Louis didn't have to forgive him, or even give him as many chances as he did. Kind, loyal, forgiving, that was his omega and from here on he vowed to never hurt him again.

// surprise! This has been sitting in my drafts since august of 2022. I never realized it until recently and now that life is a little more settled I decided to take a go at this again. So the first 500ish words are from almost two years ago and the last 500ish are from probably the last hour or so. Thank you to everyone who still takes the time to read and leave me messages! Here over the next month or so I plan to make a proper outline and give this book the ending it deserves. And no this chapter is not the end, just the opening to many more ideas I have coming for you. Thank you! And see you soon!